Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Condition report for today was 45ft vis., and my computer bounced between 73-75° for the water temp. Some mild chop/current from the wind, but very doable. Even after the tide change, it didn't get too green..

We went today--kinda green and milky with 10-12 ft viz and mostly 75 degree water. The diva saw a Manatee and found lots of stuff for me to gander at. We were on the west side and returning after tide change I felt a rather dramatic temperature rise as I went around the last bridge pillar returning to the beach--interesting!!

I hope that clears up tomorrow. Joy is coming down to dive. She wants to do a post dive elsewhere. Might take the opportunity to go to Bathtub Beach.

I hope that clears up tomorrow. Joy is coming down to dive. She wants to do a post dive elsewhere. Might take the opportunity to go to Bathtub Beach.

Bathtub is also tide dependent as I understand it. Talk to Steve at Deep Six in Jensen for more info. I have used Seminole Shores as the locator for tides for Bathtub Beach--I think the area was called that before Sailfish Point. www.saltwatertides.com I have used low tide mostly for snorkeling at Bathtub as one gets the most protection from waves then. For diving I think slack high as clearer water is moving in provided the seas cooperate and the waves are low. I think there's a webcam at Stuart Beach nearby for wave info...............or maybe call the lifeguard!

Just got back in, ... nice stint, vis 15-20'(milky), water temp 'bearable'. As for DPM(as in 'divers per million':wink:), absolute madness!! Spent half my time, dodging tow lines and divers ... Thoroughly checked the Lionfish location, I had mentioned before ... Nobody home ...

Did a mission-centric dive today (failed) but got some decent pics. 75°F, 20-25' Vis if you avoided the rotor tillers. (I saw the worst rotortiller ever today....a guy with freedive fins on)

Came across another juvenile coronetfish:

jpeg-3563.jpg jpeg-3568.jpg

Best pic of the day:

jpeg-3559.jpg

A couple others:

jpeg-3544.jpg jpeg-3538.jpg

Did a mission-centric dive today (failed) but got some decent pics. 75°F, 20-25' Vis if you avoided the rotor tillers. (I saw the worst rotortiller ever today....a guy with freedive fins on)

Ah yess, him!! Believe, I was busy with a humungous Arrow Crab, when he appeared on the scene .... needless to say, game over ...

Would it be considered bad etiquette to pull a guy's fins off?:headscratch:

And the exact reason I avoid the bridge on the weekends, especially when the tides are afternoon...

Nice pics djtimmy. Glad to see the ID on the juvi cornetfish. Thought that's what it was when I saw it on Thrusday. Speaking of Thursday, (i know a couple days late) this is what was found. that is my finger for reference. :) Jet126 took the photo.
1780875_10203315668799045_1431133589_n.jpg

---------- Post added February 22nd, 2014 at 07:39 PM ----------

From this past week
Little Black, a (sea)pony. Extra point if you get the reference. :)
1969340_10151943653293531_334279231_n.jpg

To be identified.
1620875_10151948485153531_995785124_n.jpg

baby shortnose batfish
1620873_10151948485128531_1413514404_n.jpg

If anybody dares try to tell me that seahorses don't mind being shot over and over and over, I submit this as testimony. This guy has not be shot ad nauseum. Did not turn away every time I put the camera up to him (and did not use a strobe). Amazing the difference in attitude versus one that has been shot so many times as soon as it sees a camera it takes off at a gallop.
1618450_10151948494308531_1357423803_n.jpg

Hi, Jenny. Your "to be identified" nudi is a Cerberilla tanna, page 276 in the Caribbean Sea Slugs book. I have seen several of them recently, and they are so photogenic with their sharp eye spots.
Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom