Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^awesome find with that baby batfish! how big? smallest ive ever seen was about half an inch but that was in st. vincent. ive never seen a juvie batfish at the bridge

I'd say it was around an inch and a half long. Not sure how I noticed it because it wasn't really moving around much.

We also saw a new thingy yesterday at the bridge, a very unusual thingy IMG_3282.jpgA Zombie Sponge!!!

Please give location of said lionfish so the collectors that lurk on this thread know where it is. :)

It was in the snorkel reef, approximately in front of the life guard station, maybe a little east of it. It was a really small one. I was trying to trim weight and ended up being positively bouyant and struggling to stay down as I found it. DiveDivaDM took some stabs at it with her sheers, but it would just dodge her. For fish that don't move, they sure are hard to get :).

And thanks to Mr Frogfish for hangin' with me until I got cold and moved on! I ran into Idive2 twice uw today and he saw the froggie as well--lightning and rain greeted me as I got out--fortunately no hits--

Hey Jim, thanks for that I would have certainly just cruised by. Funny, I think we had been discussing eels and sure enough I found what I believe
was a moray rather than a spotted eel in the end of a pipe south of the moored boats on the east side, pretty good size.

Made it out to the BHB today, vis around 15'. Here is a few pics, didn't take very many today since I kept moving a fair amount to make things easier for my buddy who hasn't been diving for years. Got out of the water to a storm, and got to meet Jimw! Next time we'll chat longer!

Well, we got out as well about 4 pm ish, though I would rate the vis more like 10 feet, which proved to be a luxury compared to when the tide changed and it dropped to a turbulent brown 2 feet.
This was offset by the lightening and severe rain storm....
Wanted to work on a few things, as follows:
Good golly Ms Molly, my favorite red headed mohawk blenny, would spit bubbles at me to voice his displeasure at my encroaching on his turf,
a seaweed blenny: to "keep it real"
and a last surprise, two juvenile dolphin fish at less than an inch long (whoooop!)
John

Attachments

• BHB-201307189715.jpg
    BHB-201307189715.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 101
  • BHB-201307189822.jpg
    BHB-201307189822.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 112
  • BHB-201307189919.jpg
    BHB-201307189919.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 104
  • BHB-201307189930.jpg
    BHB-201307189930.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 107
  • BHB-201307189982.jpg
    BHB-201307189982.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
:d:d:d
Sorry, no post clean up......

Attachments

• BHB-201307189944.jpg
    BHB-201307189944.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 199
Well, we got out as well about 4 pm ish, though I would rate the vis more like 10 feet, which proved to be a luxury compared to when the tide changed and it dropped to a turbulent brown 2 feet.
This was offset by the lightening and severe rain storm....
Wanted to work on a few things, as follows:
Good golly Ms Molly, my favorite red headed mohawk blenny, would spit bubbles at me to voice his displeasure at my encroaching on his turf,
a seaweed blenny to "keep it real"
and a last surprise, two juvenile dolphin fish at less than an inch long (whoooop!)
John

I've never met Mrs. Miller, but had read recently that she resides in the area. Cool.

You have now obviously become the surface sargassum maven. Can you teach me how to explore it without getting water up my nose?? Those baby dolphin fish are *really* cool. I guess *that's* how they know what to expect to find in those weed lines as adults, eh?

I may have to hop into the miniature van and head that way. Injuries have now blown out the tennis tournament option and I now have no place that I have to be until the 5th of August. But, I now see that the tides kind of suck for my bridge diving style until well into next week. . .

---------- Post added July 19th, 2013 at 08:42 PM ----------

:d:d:d
Sorry, no post clean up......

Is that a French fry?? Oh, wait. You already said it was a baby - never mind.

I always dive the bridge with a french fry in case any juvenile blue water pelagics show up for that "artsy" look......
Can't imagine what injury (beyond your sprained sense of direction) could impede your "other" hobby.......
LOOK UP, KEVIN, will argue that direction when we hook up:D:D:D
sargassum maven.....

ps-
after picture #3, if anyone needs a hand model I am reasonably priced......

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom