Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With high tides at 1:15 PM Saturday, KBeck and I will be diving the west, west side of BHB (or, the mainland span of the bridge) if anyone wants to join us.

2 hours at the bridge today...moonjellies are thinning out. Nice to see jimw, dd and mike today. We kept running into each other through out the dive.
I was diving with no weights today...felt lovely and no issues with taking photos either.

Blue Heron Bridge Banded Coral Shrimp.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Banded Jawfish.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Jawfish.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Octopus in pipe.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Queen Angelfish.jpg

Again there was a lot of very calm wildlife that seemed to want to pose for the camera today.:D

Last edited:
nice pics! thanks for the update!

With high tides at 1:15 PM Saturday, KBeck and I will be diving the west, west side of BHB (or, the mainland span of the bridge) if anyone wants to join us.

J: do you mean that you are entering the water from the mainland, just down the street from Force-E?? Have you ever dove that area in the past. A buddy and I drove under the bridge to get a feel for the area, but it seemed to be a refuge for folks that were down on their luck and homeless. We decided to head over the bridge and dive at Phil Foster like normal. I have not been back to the western terminus of the BHB since that little adventure. I've heard that the window for diving the area is shorter than Phil Foster park as well: not sure if that is accurate or not.

Sounds like an *excellent* means of testing out the knee. :D

Kevin

Snuck out to the mystery reef again, eh? :D Run into anybody else while out "there"?

Kevin

2 hours at the bridge today...moonjellies are thinning out. Nice to see jimw, dd and mike today. We kepth running into eachother thtough out the dive.
Dive with no weight today...felt lovely and no issues with taking photos either.

View attachment 102555 View attachment 102556 View attachment 102557 View attachment 102558 View attachment 102559

Again there was a lot of very calm wildlife that seemed to want to pose for the camera today.:D

awesome pics Jim! I can't wait to dive that area. March won't get here soon enough

That Octopus photo is awesome

Thanks SB. Water temps are usually in the mid 70s in March so bring the full wet suit.

Yep, we were there today, it rained the whole way down to the bridge and was battleship gray in the sky. But, we saw most everything starting with a pipefish, then a baby sea robin, then a bunch of jaws--jawfish that is!! A couple of octos, a couple of eels, AND; only a few moons--5 or 6, and none at the exit. AND, the viz was good--started around 20 ft, gradually improving to 30ft, and this AFTER the tide turned!! AND THEN, Force E's tent sale!!!

Might go again tomorrow---to do both again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom