Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BHB Night Dive.jpg

Hello everyone,

We have two Blue Heron Bridge Night Dives scheduled for September 12th and 26th!!
Our next Blue Heron Bridge Twilight/Night Dive will be
Saturday, September 12th at 7:45pm. This is a FREE event!

For more information please visit:
Blue Heron Bridge Night Dive: September 12th :: Pura Vida Divers

We hope to see you all there!

BHB Dives - 8/22 to 8/26

Had a good week of diving at the bridge last week. Vis wasn't the best, but plenty to see on both sides. Had some good fish finds through the week. Here are a few...

Puffcheek Blenny
FL_150824_5371.jpg

Molly Miller
FL_150824_5401.jpg

Rosy Blenny
FL_150825_5403.jpg

Pygmy Bass - saw two - one east, one west
FL_150825_5451.jpg

Chalk Bass
FL_150825_5505.jpg

Banded Blenny (I think... someone else suggested Blackfin Blenny)
FL_150825_5523.jpg

And a Blue Dartfish - small one on the West Side. Saw several east, but not the group Kevin talked about.
FL_150829_5878.jpg

Nice spot on the dartfish. Saw a pair this weekend (first time) but never got a chance for a photo.

Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation Department has posted the application for permit for scuba instruction at Phil Foster Park.

Links to that document and more information on this page; Parks and Recreation Permits
My favorite was the professional photographer pdf form...

But, the permit form is pretty much the same as it was for all night dives at BHB previously... If that is your goal..

If you have a rapport with a local dive shop in the area, it is also common (if they do not already have a dive scheduled) to get a night dive pass through them as a courtesy...

I have done it in the past, but I have tried not to abuse the relationship for obvious reasons...

A pic of a hammerhead showed up on FB today, taken, apparently, just south of the swim area. Did not appear to be of the concrete variety. . .

Was that the video of it chasing the stingray?

So I've snorkeled here before. With regards to diving, is there really that much of a difference between going mid tide vs slack tide?

Was that the video of it chasing the stingray?
Nope. But, she has now also posted a video. Pretty cool. :) Out by the snorkel trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom