Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jim, This is Ed T. from Melbourne Beach. Been diving the BHB several times since my first dive with you and your wife. Could you give me some advice on a good camera for a beginner? Thanks, Ed

Sure Ed, I will PM you later--a nap after diving today seems in the cards!! In the meantime check out the photo section of SB.

Sure Ed, I will PM you later--a nap after diving today seems in the cards!! In the meantime check out the photo section of SB.
Diving and a nap.

Sigh. I'm jealous.

Just remember, 95 is the suggested speed limit, not the name of the highway. :rofl3:

Have a great dive. Wish I could go...

My Subaru can only make it to 95 MPH when going down hill. As there are no hills between BHB and Miami, I am usually lagging well behind the flow of traffic. Vis was better than I'd have expected after all of last night's rain, and temperature dropped to 74 degrees. Even though there were a more than a few divers on the west side, the steady, moderate current quickly whisked away any debris that they kicked up. Had a virtual Octopus rodeo today, and saw and photographed 8 individuals. Also got to see several amorous flounder, and one nasty one. My eyes aren't what they used to be as I was unable to find any nudibranchs, little frog fish, or seahorses. Once again, I surfaced wrinkled, happy, and a wee bit chilly. Might have to head up again soon as the local marine forecast is rather unpleasant. Maybe Katherine, the tagged Great White Shark will decide to pay a visit to The Bridge. That would be quite a site, but alas, as usual, I'll most likely have the wrong lens mounted to capture the moment.

Here's the video from the 5/13 friday night dive. This shows the first "attacking" bristle worm swimming towards me. It's hard to tell, but I'm swimming away from it while keeping the video rolling. I had 2 of these chase after me, SWIMMING. Jim had one go after him. I gently swatted the second one and got pricked by the bristles. That wasn't fun! I learned a lesson!!! It was the Light & Motion demo night. So I immediately requested the bio luminescent light and they installed a flip filter on my GoPro. This is a video which highlights the normally boring bristle worm and shows it's vicious abilities! :)

I had at least 6 bristles poking through the end of my glove as I barely made contact trying to get the creature to stop following me! I had one bristle stuck in my finger and I had to remove my glove to get it out.

Anyways, enjoy the bio luminescent show :) . Not many things glow at BHB unfortunately. The bristle worm attack happens at 3:32.

[video=youtube;ubYjQaKfuq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubYjQaKfuq8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Diving and a nap.

Sigh. I'm jealous.

LIKE, a lot!!:cool2:

---------- Post added May 16th, 2014 at 11:24 PM ----------

Ed T, Personal message sent!

TreasureCoastDiver and I went today for our 2nd day in a row and still found 20 ft of viz but a little cooler water at 77. After tidal change, there was a ton of dirty water going out and viz dropped under the east bridge. A first for me was a large orange shrimplike critter about 4-5 inches long. I shot 1 pic and it zoomed out of frame as I pressed the shutter--a quick shrimp! Bigger than most all of the listings in Reef Creatures. What was it? Mike spotted a large Green Moray just north of the bridge--I don't see them often at BHB and that was very nice!!

Very cool video! In particular, I loved the humble hermit crab. I know that one, as I have shot it a couple times and now doing some artwork based on it..:wink:

BHB Night Dive.jpg

Hello everyone,

Our next Blue Heron Bridge Night Dive will be Tuesday, May 27th at 7:30pm. This is a FREE event!

For more information please visit: Blue Heron Bridge Night Dive: May 27th :: Pura Vida Divers

We hope to see you all there!

A first for me was a large orange shrimplike critter about 4-5 inches long.
Maybe a different colored species of Mantis Shrimp?

Best dive of the year since I got my dive buddy back!

79°F, 25' Vis when you were away from other divers, however it was PACKED so that wasn't too often.

Took some pics of some critters too:

Octo:

jpeg-4437.jpg jpeg-4440.jpg

Fishes:

jpeg-4460.jpg jpeg-4474.jpg jpeg-4473.jpg

Eggs and Urchin:

jpeg-4465.jpg jpeg-4447.jpg

Found a super rare SEAWEED BLENNY!!!!!

jpeg-4468.jpg

Very nice photos, particularly the one of the super rare SEAWEED BLENNY!!!!..
This is a native rare find indeed... Scientifically known as: Caeruleus Ardea Pontis Piscifauna.
Good job Tim!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom