Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's on the West side of the bridge, near boat channel among the soft coral reef just south of the end-wall.

There is a small little shrimp that I cant figure out what it is (last image). In addition, there is a feather duster - Christmas tree worm like critter that I don't recall seeing before (second image).
View attachment 179277View attachment 179282

"soft coral reef just south of the end-wall." Hmmm. . . Sounds like the "sponge garden" *in* the channel which *I*, of course, have never visited. :D

I've been calling those worms "California Horseshoe Worms", but really have no idea about the accuracy of such a moniker. I love the lavender color circling around the bottom of em.

You must have some good eyes to have noticed that little shrimp-like thingy. Pretty cool. No idea about it.

---------- Post added March 9th, 2014 at 04:13 PM ----------

Wish they would either port that app over to android or make a web version.

Ross sez $50K would get it done for the Android version. :D

No idea why there's no web version. Would make a *lot* of sense to me - and would *love* to see it. . .

2 days and no posts? I guess 5ft of vis scared everyone away. Anyone have a vis report?

---------- Post added March 11th, 2014 at 03:05 PM ----------

Sounds GREAT, MrChen!!

BTW: We'll have to talk about this after a dive one day.

2 days and no posts? I guess 5ft of vis scared everyone away. Anyone have a vis report?

I heard 2-5ft yesterday. High tide today is 5:38pm. So if anyone is diving today they're gearing up even as we speak. If I haven't heard anything else I'm calling Force E before they close this evening.

Just cruised by there by boat near 4 pm, 1.5 hour or so before high tide. Spent a few hours on the north side of Peanut Island.

Water clarity looks better than last weekend but not very good. If I had a WAG on vis, I'd say <10'.

There wasn't much bridge piling below the surface. Beach water on south side of jetty outside inlet wasn't good either.

Hey Guys!
My wife and I will be in Orlando at the end of the month and wanted to drive down to dive the BHB.
Would any of you be interested in showing us around the great playground under the BHB?
Neither of us have been to West Palm Beach before and we do enjoy shore dives so I figured we would tag along with someone who is more familiar with their backyard diving than I am.

Plunge4life,

It will be twilight/night hours at the end of the month. Several shops will be sponsoring night dives.

If no one volunteers, Stuart Scuba will even be having a BBQ event and will put an instructor or DM in the water to guide divers around at no cost. It is a pot luck style BBQ, so I suggest calling them to RSVP. If you do this, I'll see you at the BBQ for sure. Be sure to bring lights. Even if someone does volunteer, you still need to register with a shop, you can still partake in the BBQ without following their diver.

---------- Post added March 11th, 2014 at 03:05 PM ----------

BTW: We'll have to talk about this after a dive one day.

Scared us away--we thought we would go Monday! Maybe next Monday as high tide is 9:36am......We hope to do a dive with you soon! Wanna spend part of your workday at BHB?? Product development, don't cha know!:cool2:

Sweet! Thanks! Someone offered to come out with us but will definitely keep the BBQ in mind with a night dive. Thanks again!

Sweet! Thanks! Someone offered to come out with us but will definitely keep the BBQ in mind with a night dive. Thanks again!

Awesome, I look forward to hearing about your dive.

---------- Post added March 12th, 2014 at 08:56 AM ----------

Scared us away--we thought we would go Monday! Maybe next Monday as high tide is 9:36am......We hope to do a dive with you soon! Wanna spend part of your workday at BHB?? Product development, don't cha know!:cool2:

You know I'd rather be diving... :) It's too bad it can't pay the bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom