Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dove the bridge this morning with Traveler218. Air temp was a bit chilly, but conditions under water were fantastic! 73°F, ~40 ft vis. Would have been a good day to take some gopro video.

Traveler218 wanted to see a seahorse, this one took a lot of searching but we got lucky. (others that I have seen in the past were not home this morning)

View attachment 175762

Here are a couple oddities that I stumbled across:

View attachment 175764 View attachment 175765

Found a couple roughead blennies, nice surprise:

View attachment 175767 View attachment 175768

Finally, a few other critters that cooperated with me:

View attachment 175769 View attachment 175770 View attachment 175771 View attachment 175772 View attachment 175773

Thanks for the tour Tim. Your pictures turned out great. I enjoyed the dive and really appreciate you letting me tag along. It was great meeting you. Maybe next time I am down this way we can meet up for Reeb and mur.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

On my last trip down, I stopped into Jim Abernethy's place on U.S. 1 just north of Blue Heron Blvd. He has a photo on the wall with both a pikeblenny and a sailfin blenny apparently gaping at each other. It's one of the most amazing shots I've ever seen. The parrotts in there are pretty cool, too. :D

have fun. Was gonna drive up, but something came up and have to postpone.. drat...

Visibility was better on the weekend but still pretty good. There wasn't much sun at high tide and the current seemed a bit stronger than usual.
I had my own issues going on to really enjoy it. Brand new regulator just out of the box going into free flow and leaving the weights in my driveway. Had some in the truck but had to do the dive holding two big boulders. :)

Vis was I'd say 20-30'. Current was pretty strong. Water was great though. Tons of fish, saw a ray, and def some stuff I had no idea what it was. Def a cool dive. Way different than the boat and shore dives I've done in hawaii and cozumel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom