Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
too many people, as they have the day off work. Same reason I don't go on a weekend afternoon. I didn't mean to be discouraging :bonk:

make sure to get there extra early to get a parking spot. hopefully you can meet up with some people from here. I will probably be diving sat morning.

too many people, as they have the day off work. Same reason I don't go on a weekend afternoon. I didn't mean to be discouraging :bonk:

make sure to get there extra early to get a parking spot. hopefully you can meet up with some people from here. I will probably be diving sat morning.

Tim is right. If you don't dive here regularly you might not be aware that Phil Foster Park is an extremely popular picnic site for locals, especially on holidays and weekends. Don't be surprised to find family members staking out prime spots as early as 8am. By midday the place will be a madhouse, the p-lot most likely closed, with very little room to set up gear.

You will have to walk through family bbq's on your way to & from the water and answer a barrage of questions from curious children: "Are you a scuba diver?" "What did you see?" "Did you see any sharks?" "Can I try on your mask?"

Lastly, common sense in any place crowded with people and activity: keep a sharp eye on your belongings at all times.

I am going diving Blue Heron Bridge Saturday morning . Slack is 6;40 Am . You Going ? I am diving the relief {small bridge} I have a blue Jeep Compass .

Got an early morning, breaking dawn dive in. We had the water to ourselves. Entry was at 5:30AM or so.. Already people were setting up picnic tables and getting the grills started. By the time we got out of the water a couple hours later, the parking lot still had some front row parking (SHOCK!!!), but there was the oh, so, yummy smell of BBQ wafting through the air.
I have no desire to try to be there for a night dive.. No way.. too crazy..

Protides.com is showing high tide at 7:36am Saturday, several other sites including NOAA back this up....

We will be getting in around 6:30. I get to play with my wife's DSLR since she is out of town this weekend!

How was the vis today?

Curious too as to viz conditions at the bridge this morning. We just got back from diving new reef of the inlet and viz was <20' at best. Very choppy and fast current.

Was a good 20ft with mostly blue till the tide change, then it went green. A few of those non stinging jellies also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom