Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At bhb, how long are you guys able to stay down on one al 80?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

You know which one of those BB shrimp is the male though, right? :D
John

Heck no. And, the reason I went looking for them was because in the pics where the one showed up in the background with the pikeblenny, it looks like it has spots rather than stripes. I found a few pretty quickly in the vicinity of the pikeblenny on Saturday, but they all had the usual stripes. I'm confused.

I wasted a lot of time waiting for that pikeblenny to make some interesting moves. Then, not *too* awful far away, I found a couple more males - within three feet of each other. One was just a bump on a log, but the other was a real acrobat - almost always ready to perform. All three looked pretty similar in the head and neck region, but this "performer" guy was colored completely differently than any I'd seen previously as he jumped completely out of his tube to make his displays. Finally wore my camera battery down trying to get video of him. Haven't gotten around to checking the pics nor the video of him, yet.

Last edited:
We went today--viz started out pretty good at about 20 ft but went down as hi tide approached to about 10 ft. Temp 77F. Saw the usual--octos, sailfin blennies, a small spotted eel. I saw a yellow ray almost without a tail and it looked like it had really been hacked off--very jagged and loose skin. No rain while we were there and the sun peeked out while uw. I saw only 2 other divers.............and then the hiighlight of my day, a good dinner at Dune Dog in Jupiter!!

Melanotic?

I've seen several yellow (xanthotic?) green razorfish at the bridge, but on Saturday I ran across this young, brown version.

IMG_9714wa.jpgIMG_9715wa.jpg

Nice!!!

BHB Night Dive.jpg

Join Pura Vida Divers for a Blue Heron Bridge Night Dive on Thursday, May 23rd at 7:00pm. This is a FREE event!

Itinerary for the evening:
Check in will begin at 5:00pm at Pura Vida Dive Shop. All divers must complete a liability release and receive a parking pass before heading over to Phil Foster Park. A special pass is required to be allowed to remain in the park after dark.

High tide is at 7:57pm
. Our staff will be starting their dive at 7:00pm. You may join them or start your dive when you feel the most comfortable. However, everyone must be out of the park by 10:00pm or you WILL GET A TICKET!

You may join the group dive, dive on your own with a buddy, or request a private guide. Each dive group must have a legal dive flag with cyalume stick or strobe and every diver must have a primary, back up, and tank light. Please register with Pura Vida Divers in advanced to guarantee your reservation.

For reservations call or email.
info.pvd@puravidadivers.com

Hope to see you all there!

I know there are BB shrimp with spots rather than stripes but I havent found them yet.
Mena has a very nice picture of one from the old thread.
Glad to hear the pike and sailfin blennies are back. The bottle spot has been empty without them.
May go this weekend.
John

Hope to see you up there.. planning on being there on Sat. morning with some out of town guests. Hoping these rains will not kill the vis too bad..

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom