Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kev-
The last part of the dive in 4 ft vis we spent about an hour out front mostly about 4 feet deep on someones recommendation though I'm starting to think she was pulling my leg.:idk: Lots of the usual suspects and some pretty good sized jawfish sans eggs just north (beachward) of the carts. Nothing to write home about.
Since the 4 and 4 plan didn't work we are going to try the last area we had luck with the striated and maybe find a few others on our to do critters list. That is an unusual flounder, nice job.
See you out there. Hoping it will be better conditions.
John

I covered a *lot* of that 4 foot area yesterday via snorkel. There ain't *nuthin* in there but barracudas and little mojarras. :D Did get engulfed by a huge school of bait fish for a good while. Woulda been nice to have had a video camera for that. The conditions were actually quite nice well prior to high tide. . .

Kevin

Looking at about a 3:30 entry today. Much prefer the better viz *prior* to high tide. . . All "intel" appreciated. :D

A little flounder had a different look near the end of the dive. Don't really know my flounders. Looks like somebody tried to set the hook too hard the semi-lucky lane. . .

Kevin

View attachment 128380View attachment 128381View attachment 128382View attachment 128383View attachment 128384View attachment 128386View attachment 128385

Spotfin flounder. nice find

Great to hear! I am signing up for the August class. Where was the classroom work? At a hotel? If so which one?
Yep Phil is awesome, and I shoot OLY as well so he is invaluable to me. I have spoken to him many times, and he is always happy to answer questions.

I can describe how my class went, but I think that sometimes they have different instructors and logistics. You should check with Reef to be sure. For my class, there were 3 divers and another student whould couldn't dive that weekend but still attended the post-dive photo sessions. Thursday night we met at the store and went over the bridge and some basics. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, we dove in the morning and afterwards went to a condo in the area to look at the pictures and discuss gear and Lightroom. Phil and Alan from Reef were in the water with us for all three dives - 1.5 hours, 1.5 hours, and 2 hours. They dragged the dive flag and spotted critters for us and Phil watched us take pictures and made adjustments. It was a good way to really practice taking multiple (dozens) of pictures of the same subject while adjusting the camera settings to see how that affects the pictures.

I had zero experience with a macro lens and a strobe, so I really learned a lot. You seem like you already know a lot about your camera and macro, so you will probably be able to get even more detailed advice. Have fun!

Last edited:
Church of the Sea

Literally. Came up smack dab in the middle of a baptism. The gospel music seemed very appropriate - considering the beautiful dawn dive the J's & I had this morning. It made a good soundtrack for yet another OILT (once in a lifetime) post-dive dance. Viz was down - 20 ft at best, very murky with lots of particulate. Water temp 81.

Lots of this going on:
7-12.jpg

And guys (I am referring to two guys in specific)please don't hate me.
7-11.jpg
7-13.jpg

Will just have to enjoy it vicariously and dream of someday. . . :D Hope you got some video. Congrats!

Kevin

Literally. Came up smack dab in the middle of a baptism. The gospel music seemed very appropriate - considering the beautiful dawn dive the J's & I had this morning. It made a good soundtrack for yet another OILT (once in a lifetime) post-dive dance. Viz was down - 20 ft at best, very murky with lots of particulate. Water temp 81.

And guys (I am referring to two guys in specific)please don't hate me.
View attachment 128496
View attachment 128498

I can describe how my class went, but I think that sometimes they have different instructors and logistics. You should check with Reef to be sure. For my class, there were 3 divers and another student whould couldn't dive that weekend but still attended the post-dive photo sessions. Thursday night we met at the store and went over the bridge and some basics. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, we dove in the morning and afterwards went to a condo in the area to look at the pictures and discuss gear and Lightroom. Phil and Alan from Reef were in the water with us for all three dives - 1.5 hours, 1.5 hours, and 2 hours. They dragged the dive flag and spotted critters for us and Phil watched us take pictures and made adjustments. It was a good way to really practice taking multiple (dozens) of pictures of the same subject while adjusting the camera settings to see how that affects the pictures.

I had zero experience with a macro lens and a strobe, so I really learned a lot. You seem like you already know a lot about your camera and macro, so you will probably be able to get even more detailed advice. Have fun!
I think that was Phil's Condo. I don't have Lightroom, I will have to ask them about it, as I use Elements.

And thanks for the kind words. I came in 2nd in an underwater film festival back in the 70's and was handed my trophy by Cathy Church. I don't think there is anything more fun and rewarding to me than UW photography.

Did you go to the Thursday night part in Fort Lauderdale? I don't know if I can make it or not.

Love the blenny shot!!! And congrats on your first seahorse!

I think that was Phil's Condo. I don't have Lightroom, I will have to ask them about it, as I use Elements.
And thanks for the kind words. I came in 2nd in an underwater film festival back in the 70's and was handed my trophy by Cathy Church. I don't think there is anything more fun and rewarding to me than UW photography.
Did you go to the Thursday night part in Fort Lauderdale? I don't know if I can make it or not.

I did go to the Thursday night session, but since you already know the Bridge well you can probably skip it. i'm sure you can talk to Phil or Ryan ahead of time and get any important info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom