Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It turns out, I took pictures of both guys:

Attachments

• DSC05720-32.jpg
    DSC05720-32.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC05727-32.jpg
    DSC05727-32.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 37
I hear ya. It would of been just as well to abort, BUT... I haven't dived in 2 weeks, it's an hour+ drive one way, and in those two weeks my dad passed, I tested positive (now negative!!!) for C, and really needed to go to my church of the Holy Sea. I feel better now..
Was kinda hoping I'd run into you and meet up, but I coulda passed you and never known..
Next time.
Given your circumstances I am sure I would have done the dive. I am sorry for you loss.

It turns out, I took pictures of both guys:
Would you mind ratting out their locations?

Are the lion fish being removed?

Was going to the bridge today but seems conditions are pretty poor (or one might even say crappy)

SiteNameCityEnterococciWater QualityStatus
Phil FosterRiviera Bch1,723PoorAdvisory

I simply look at the surf forecast for Palm Beach at magicseaweed.com. If they forecast more than 2 ft, diving under the bridge (or any shore diving) won't be worth it.

Was going to the bridge today but seems conditions are pretty poor (or one might even say crappy)

SiteNameCityEnterococciWater QualityStatus
Phil FosterRiviera Bch1,723PoorAdvisory
Thank you for that link. It's a handy reference.

I do have to wonder when the sampling occurred at Phil Foster (BHB). On an incoming tide, especially near high tide, the water tends to be much cleaner than at other times. I would expect the difference in bacterial loading to be at least an order of magnitude when comparing high tide to low tide. A much larger difference would not surprise me.

I have had to dive to do emergency repairs on a boat in that area during the wrong tide. I could feel a substantial difference in the water quality. Skin irritation lasted for days. The red patch in one eye lasted more than a week.

When the water looks close to clear, I don't have these issues.

The exception to this is when red tide is in the area. On the rare occasion that red tide is substantially present in the area, I make it a habit to stay away from the coast by at least a few hundred yards. If the toxic Blue-green algae, that I have seen up by Stuart in the past, ever made it down this far, that would also cause me to avoid the area.

There was an issue a few years ago over the period of a few months that the park was closed to swimming. It just so happened to be a period of really nice weather, and clear viz.
Then it was mentioned that the tests were taken at low tide near shore. A few divers started independently testing and got far better reports.

Recently, I came over something that looked like cup corals under the bridge. Wait a minute, I thought, they are from the Pacific! But yes, turns out they are invasive species in the Atlantic now. Well, I always liked them. So I decided I am OK with that.

Attachments

• DSC05602-32.jpg
    DSC05602-32.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 24
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom