Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quite the interesting stripe pattern..
assuming it's not very large? Still will make a nice snack for a fish if prepared properly.. :wink:
And who's going to mess with a shrimp like this? Florida man wants something big. Florida man, he wants a grouper, a snapper or a lobster. I saw a huge, really huge LF at the ledge at Boynton today, the spearfishers could not care less.

Florida has King Tide these days, half of the deck at 2 Georges was flooded.

:eek:🥶🥶
Braved the south Florida chill, left the house at 6:50, 59°. Got to the bridge shortly after 8 with front row east side parking still availalbe. Hearing viz reports of "let's get brekkie instead" but decided I NEEDED to dive so went for it.
Vis improved ever so slightly once away from the beach area walking east. The pilings were almost under water. The beach area to the east was under a couple feet of water. Get past the buoys and drop down to... less than 2' viz. Did not improve much the further east I went.
And it was COLD! At one time I saw the log south of the east span and bumped into something.. A diver.. I moved away and got bumped again by her fins. They were pink. Anything past her fins was not visible..
I did find a couple lancer dragonets, but the viz so bad even my camera had a hard time focusing, and looking at the display it was hard to make anything out.. so lots of hail Mary shots..
Glad I went. Dive time about 90 minutes with me finally calling it because I was so freaking cold. Eating hot chicken soup.. Earned my nap.

And who's going to mess with a shrimp like this? Florida man wants something big. Florida man, he wants a grouper, a snapper or a lobster. I saw a huge, really huge LF at the ledge at Boynton today, the spearfishers could not care less.

Florida has King Tide these days, half of the deck at 2 Georges was flooded.
Whoops my innuendo of kill em and leave it there for the fish to eat went unnoticed..

As for spearfishers, unless they are prepared to dispatch and transport a LF safely they are (unfortunately) best left alone.

:eek:🥶🥶
Braved the south Florida chill, left the house at 6:50, 59°. Got to the bridge shortly after 8 with front row east side parking still availalbe. Hearing viz reports of "let's get brekkie instead" but decided I NEEDED to dive so went for it.
Vis improved ever so slightly once away from the beach area walking east. The pilings were almost under water. The beach area to the east was under a couple feet of water. Get past the buoys and drop down to... less than 2' viz. Did not improve much the further east I went.
And it was COLD! At one time I saw the log south of the east span and bumped into something.. A diver.. I moved away and got bumped again by her fins. They were pink. Anything past her fins was not visible..
I did find a couple lancer dragonets, but the viz so bad even my camera had a hard time focusing, and looking at the display it was hard to make anything out.. so lots of hail Mary shots..
Glad I went. Dive time about 90 minutes with me finally calling it because I was so freaking cold. Eating hot chicken soup.. Earned my nap.
I was there as well this morning. My test for dive/no dive is to look at water from the seawall on either side of the pier, if I can't see the bottom I don't do the dive. I couldn't see the bottom so no dive for me today. Maybe tomorrow.

I hear ya. It would of been just as well to abort, BUT... I haven't dived in 2 weeks, it's an hour+ drive one way, and in those two weeks my dad passed, I tested positive (now negative!!!) for C, and really needed to go to my church of the Holy Sea. I feel better now..
Was kinda hoping I'd run into you and meet up, but I coulda passed you and never known..
Next time.

Would be great to get a web cam pointing down over the seawall for those of us an hour plus away :)
sorry to hear that sad news

Would be great to get a web cam pointing down over the seawall for those of us an hour plus away :)
sorry to hear that sad news
I think that Deerfield has that at their pier

Deerfield has a webcam above and below the pier. But I think at least the one underwater is only showing recorded footage on weekends FWIW.
That's new information for me. Thank you.

That's new information for me. Thank you.
You know, I just checked it and don't see the statement anymore saying that it is not live on weekends. If I remember correctly, it was basically live during business hours during the week, with the rest being old footage (or highlights) from the recent past, and special sightings (shark, etc) were timestamped so you could go to that if desired. Maybe have to wait until the night or weekend to check for that. And I'm pretty sure it only rotates during those hours when it does at all.

Right now it looks pretty rough out there, like the fish are in a washing machine. Link below.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom