Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone seen hairy frogfish, if so, whereabouts? Anything else of note? I was thinking about going over to dive in the next days. I usually like tiny guys and macro.

hairy frogfish? As in striated? check near rocks where they can hide in the open, or out in the sandy areas.

I do! I do! Unfortunately, I am dry land restricted for another month.

Do people frown upon taking the Dead Sea urchin shells? I want to do a little craft project for my girlfriend.

If it's not a home for a critter, I will consider taking

I had hoped to see a recent status report for the BHB prior to making the drive up yesterday.

It’s been some time since anyone posted on this thread, so here’s what I experienced yesterday:

No worries about parking. Plenty of space in the “front row” corridor. Water temperature was 80 degrees. Entered 75 minutes before the tide turned, and water clarity was excellent. I entered at the east end of the swimming area, headed south to the channel, and slowly worked my way over to the east span, then spent some time north of the span. Current was as mild as I can ever recall, and visibility remained pretty good until after the turn of the tide. Total dive time of 150 minutes.

Found as many newborn Highhats as I’ve ever seen in one place. Photographing them is like trying to make images of the fingernals of a hyperactive two year old child. Good, challenging fun. Also made images of two species of Scorpionfish, Polka Dot Batfish, Bandtail Searobin, mating Box Crabs, Dragonets, a young free swimming Spotted Moray, two species of Razorfish, a pair of Striped Bumblebee Shrimp, Blue Crabs, and a lone Slippery Dick.

Was surprised not to have found any Octopus. Them’s the breaks. Guess I’ll have to try again.

Nice. Thanks for the trip report.

My sister was in town last week. We did a discover scuba dive at the bridge. She did absolutely amazing and had a great time. Thanks for taking photos scuba mom. Here's her video, she had never dove before. I think she needed another 2 pounds so she became floaty towards the end. She didn't care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom