Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3:

you need to do a beach dive with me..

We had an interesting dive yesterday. Went in at 3:49 on the east side of the swim area. We swam out to the snorkel zone and drifted west. The vis was around 5 ft. With almost no finning, we arrived at the first set of bridge pilings in about 30 minutes. On Monday's dive it took us almost 90 minutes to cover the same distance. Well, on Monday we could actually see, so we stopped a lot more. But yesterday stopping meant finning into the current. And it wasn't impossible to do, but it definitely was work.

When we got to the first set of pilings, the current was noticeably stronger, and I would guess it was close to 1 knot. Then we did have to work hard to get back around to the beach. I don't know if the current decreased as it got closer to high tide.

This dive was a reminder to me how conditions can vary greatly day to day. On Monday we went in almost two hours before high tide and experienced almost no current and pretty good vis. Yesterday it was fun to drift but not what I was expecting.

We had an interesting dive yesterday. Went in at 3:49 on the east side of the swim area. We swam out to the snorkel zone and drifted west. The vis was around 5 ft. With almost no finning, we arrived at the first set of bridge pilings in about 30 minutes. On Monday's dive it took us almost 90 minutes to cover the same distance. Well, on Monday we could actually see, so we stopped a lot more. But yesterday stopping meant finning into the current. And it wasn't impossible to do, but it definitely was work.

When we got to the first set of pilings, the current was noticeably stronger, and I would guess it was close to 1 knot. Then we did have to work hard to get back around to the beach. I don't know if the current decreased as it got closer to high tide.

This dive was a reminder to me how conditions can vary greatly day to day. On Monday we went in almost two hours before high tide and experienced almost no current and pretty good vis. Yesterday it was fun to drift but not what I was expecting.
the reason for diving on the high tide is the current is non existent for a short period of time from when the waters stops moving in to when the water starts moving back out. Usually that window is about 30 minutes, though I suspect for some reason there are seasonally longer or shorter periods.

So Monday was probably something of an anomaly where there was almost no current for the hour and a half before high tide.

depends on what your definition of current is :D.

Hope all have a good dive tonight. Went this morning, freaking awesome! Found a bunch of those critters that everybody is always looking for.. batfish, octopus, squid, those critters :D, and all the regular ones..

Last minute decision to go tonight based on the morning vis report. I would estimate 15-20' tonight although kind of hard to tell.

Saw a bunch of nudis only got a few decent pics....out of practice since I haven't been diving in a couple months.

THK8708.jpg

THK8716.jpg

THK8741.jpg

Went Trolling around the bridge EARLY yesterday morning and had a great dive with my brother and sister N-outlaw, we had a great time lot to see viz was pretty good as I was afraid that after the week of storms roaming through that it might be bad for diving.
The photos are not of quality as most that others post but just thought I'd share.
GOPR0032.jpgGOPR0033.jpgGOPR0083.jpgGOPR0084.jpgGOPR0090.jpgGOPR0107.jpgGOPR0108.jpgGOPR0109.jpgGOPR0111.jpgGOPR0112.jpgGOPR0167.jpgGOPR0168.jpgGOPR0235.jpgGOPR0255.jpgGOPR0256.jpgGOPR0257.jpgAnywho happy diving! :D

Attachments

• GOPR0110.jpg
    GOPR0110.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 103
  • GOPR0253.jpg
    GOPR0253.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 93
  • GOPR0254.jpg
    GOPR0254.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 95
  • GOPR0258.jpg
    GOPR0258.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 95
Please give as much exact location as possible where the lionfish is so that the collectors can get it.. unless a spearo gets it first!!!

Please give as much exact location as possible where the lionfish is so that the collectors can get it.. unless a spearo gets it first!!!

Easy enough he was alone in the structure before the boat and shopping carts. And I had a spear gun in the truck but did not want to get into trouble

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom