Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had an amazing dive with @Scuba_Jenny and @SubNeo yesterday morning (Sunday). HT was just shy of 10am. I arrived around 8:30am and the parking lot was filling to the middle area. We decided to West. Water temp hopped between 76 and 77 on my dive log. Vis was around 25ft. All I can say is wow, what a dive. We found 6 frogfish, 4 seahorses, several nudis, sea hare, and 3 octopus. I took over 200 photos, which is more than I've taken a in a long while. I haven't done an ID on all of these yet and wanted to get photos up to share.

Juvenile straited frogfish
View attachment 823998
It should be noted that the froggie was under 1/4"!!!! Smallest dang froggie I think I've ever found!
Also, a possible sighting on a dwarf seahorse... jury still out..

Great shots Mr Chen. You proved to me that it’s really possible for someone to come the BHB, and with proper guidance, take spectacular shots. I was nowhere near as successful, but I didn’t have one on one guidance from @Scuba_Jenny and @SubNeo, we were “led” by someone who hadn’t been there for years. 🫤 Well done, my friend, very well done.
🐸
PS How about a refresher on what gear you were using? 📷 📸

Having been to BHB and to have been on dives with both Scuba_Jenny and Mr Chen I am fortunate.

Great shots Mr Chen. You proved to me that it’s really possible for someone to come the BHB, and with proper guidance, take spectacular shots. I was nowhere near as successful, but I didn’t have one on one guidance from @Scuba_Jenny and @SubNeo, we were “led” by someone who hadn’t been there for years. 🫤 Well done, my friend, very well done.
🐸
PS How about a refresher on what gear you were using? 📷 📸
I am a follower as well lmao

Lately, the water clarity in the area has been staying viable for longer before & after high tide compared to usual. I've had over 20 feet of vis right around low tide on a few days recently. Also, I recently encountered my first guitar fish.

Lately, the water clarity in the area has been staying viable for longer before & after high tide compared to usual. I've had over 20 feet of vis right around low tide on a few days recently. Also, I recently encountered my first guitar fish.
yeah, vis has been good.. except a week ago sunday. Vis dropped to 5ft, water temp was 69*. We lasted maybe 90 minutes, and exited to blowing cold wind.. eeks! So glad this Sunday was better.

Nice find on the guitarfish.

A few photos from yesterday's dive with @MrChen and @SubNeo

tiny striated froggie. About the size of a pencil eraser tip
1447 01 froggie.jpg

Seahorse #1
1447 02 horsie 1.jpg

an anemone
1447 04 anemone.jpg

Yeah, I know its out of focus. Was playing with some photo props. Of the few photos I took, this one had the best effect regardless of the clarity of the subject.
1447 05 scorpionfish.jpg

Seahare on photo prop
1447 06 seahare.jpg

Some more
Tiny maybe 1" long sea horse
1447 07 seahorsie 2.jpg

Seahorse #3
1447 08 seahorsie 3.jpg

We saw a bunch of pipefish, but the froggies and seahorses stole the show!
1447 09 pipefish.jpg

Seahorse #4
1447 10 seahorsie 4.jpg

Sargassum froggie
1447 11 sargassum froggie.jpg

Here is one of the dwarf froggies
1447 12 dwarf froggie.jpg

One of the octopus
1447 13 octopus.jpg

Striated froggie
1447 14 striated froggie 2.jpg

After we exited the water, I was talking to another diver about the small red froggie. We went back in to find it. Didn't, but we think we found a dwarf seahorse instead!!
1447 15 sea horsie dwarf.jpg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom