Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Jim! Sorry we won't get to say hi in person, but "hi" and to Carol too.

Was hoping that the calm weather and few days without rain will clear things up a little cause reports from earlier this week were better than 15 foot. Oh, well, we'll see.

AFAIK, you can get lobster. One thing to consider though.. The area has a history of high bacteria levels. Lobster are bottom feeders.

Last night I saw more lobster there than ever. Several dozen at least. We harvested every legal sized lobster we saw......

None

I was just exploring the legality of it. FWC says the area is fine to lobster harvest, waiting for Phil Foster at BHB to cover my basis. But glad to hear im not the only one interested.

@dumpsterDiver how many did you get :) ? also, have you had any issues eating the lobster? curious after hearing @Scuba_Jenny comment

I saw zero legal ones. I can remember only a few legal lobsters there after many dives, it is hardly worth dragging a bag around for the minor chance of seeing a legal one.

Only time I've regularly seen legal ones is right before mini season. The area gets hit pretty hard after that.

My Son's friend recently got certified, so we took him on his first night dive at the bridge. Didn't see one diver on the western portion of the bridge. Lotsa lobsters! and I am not sure if I have seen a guitar fish there before?

Video should be live soon:

My Son's friend recently got certified, so we took him on his first night dive at the bridge. Didn't see one diver on the western portion of the bridge. Lotsa lobsters! and I am not sure if I have seen a guitar fish there before?

Video should be live soon:

You were there on the 27th doing the night dive with force-e as well? I was there with my uncle.

There was a huge puffer fish atleast 1.5-2 feet long hiding in some wreckage, never seen anything like it before. I, not so luckily, touched the spine of a redish/orange fish that resembled a red scorpion fish, but didn't have any issues afterwards except some localized sting pain (good thing i was wearing gloves). Wasn't the best visibility as far as night dives in that area go, imo.

Wrt to the lobsters, I didn't have my sizing tool, or a measuring tape, but there were atleast 3-4 huge lobsters (visually past the 3" carapace length) hiding under some concrete near the boat channel. Definitely going to have to check it out again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom