Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, forgot how to pick times, I am looking for the hour where it is the lowest, right? So, for Sunday I'd pick 4pm-6pm?
You are looking for high tide, and get in an hour or so before high tide, depending on how long your air lasts.

Sorry, forgot how to pick times, I am looking for the hour where it is the lowest, right? So, for Sunday I'd pick 4pm-6pm?
You might want to revise your thoughts to get in the water around 3:45 PM and swim around the snorkel area for about a 1/2 hour or so... spend the majority of your dive on the east or west side of BHB where you want to dive, and end your dive in the snorkel area again after the tide turns south... Just a suggestion... You are diving the slack high tide. You are looking for the tide where it is at its lowest impact, if that is what you are asking, then yes... Between 4-6 pm is your best time to dive the bridge and get sucked into the "troll way of life"...

Does one need a flag to "heron"?
Yes, one does need a flag, which can be rented before the bridge from Force E-Divers (If you don't have one) at a reasonable price. Each group of divers should have an obstacle for boaters to run over... I have surfaced after a boater has come within 4' of my head in the past. So, a flag will mark where your body should be (for experienced boaters), and where they can collect your body if you are the designated flag holder :)

Sorry, one more question. How is parking there? Plenty available spaces?

I try to get there 3 hours before high tide.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom