Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stopped there yesterday at 5:00 pm. The beach was closed to swimming. The lifeguard had little info. Apparently the actual sewer pipe leak had been stopped, but water quality was not yet known. I didn't check back today

Was scheduled to go out on boats, weather trashed plans - was fortunate that @Scuba_Jenny could take us out Monday.

First muck dive for me. I think the most striking things i saw were the very large starfish (I didn’t realize they were real), and the multitudes of shell encrusted sea urchins.

That kind of dive is a buoyancy challenge. It was fun.

Attachments

• IMG_5472.jpeg
    IMG_5472.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 24
@Allen-1 you weren't as much of a mess that you allude to. Pleasure diving with you. Yeah, the sea stars are huge, eh? Lots of them, and urchins.

Went to the bridge for diving today. Arrived at 0940 for a 1220 high tide. Park was not crowded when I arrived, it filled up by the time I entered the westside on scuba at 1110. Sea temp was 83f, visibility was 40ft.

Snorkeled the trail prior to diving. Did a REEF survey of 56 species in 55 minutes. Entered the westside on scuba at 1110. Spent 130 minutes in algae patches, or bryozoan patches. Observed a Spotfin Flounder, only observed this species once before. When it raises and lowers its pectoral fin it almost looks like a Sailfin Blenny dancing in and out a whole. Observed a Frillfin or Goby I was not able to identify. Found two worms I could not identify, and one nudibranch I could not identify.

Respectively, Worm Radiole, Elysia venutinus, Unidentified Goby, Spotfin Flounder, and Warty Baeilidia
08-09-24  antenna.jpg
08-09-24  Elysia venutinus1.jpg
08-09-24  goby.jpg
08-09-24  Spotfin FLounder.jpg
08-09-24  Warty Baeolidia.jpg

Hi all! I am looking for a dive buddy for the night dive on 8/19, high tide is at 8:57 pm… let me know if anyone is interested!

In the past, I would invite people that I met on dive charters to dive with me at the bridge. The majority of them were a mess.
I would garner than anyone who can maintain position and pivot around a nudi in four feet of water without touching the substrate or the surface, all on open circuit has top tier buoyancy control. Rarely do I find places where the divers exhibit as much fine control as the regular BHB photographers (the ones that care not to touch the bottom that in) ill even see technical guides in less silty locations trundle around like a seahorses in comparison.

When I got out of the water about a mile south of BHB yesterday, one of the locals informed me that bacteria levels in the area were elevated. I asked how recent that information was. She indicated that it was fresh that morning. I commented that the beach at BHB had been closed a few days earlier due to a sewer pipe break that had since been sealed & the beach had reopened. She indicated that it had been closed a second time.

I am now keeping an eye on the water quality reports again.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom