Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1000000946.jpg
1000000951.jpg
1000000502.jpg
1000000507.jpg

1000000959.jpg

Some pics from a Bridge dive on Saturday.

I was diving the bridge on Saturday, 5/25/2024 and found a GoPro macro lens (diopter). If you lost one, DM me, describe it, and I'll mail it to you.
Thankyou, but it wasn't me. Hopefully the owner will post asking for the lost lens

from reading old posts it seems that it's ok to be in the snorkel trail area on scuba, is that right? just want to make sure it's ok to travel from the west bridge area to the east area or vice versa without having to come to shore and walk across.

from reading old posts it seems that it's ok to be in the snorkel trail area on scuba, is that right? just want to make sure it's ok to travel from the west bridge area to the east area or vice versa without having to come to shore and walk across.
I am not aware of any rules about where you can dive, perhaps with the exception of the area inside the swimming markers at the guarded section of the beach.

I would, however, be cautious about diving near the boat channel, the boat launching ramps, and the fishing pier, due to the obvious hazards that exist in those locations.

Most everyone using scuba visits the "snorkel trail". That is absolutely accepted common practice.

Most definitely. I dive the "snorkel" trail all the time as do many others. No need to get out of the water on one side and walk to the other. As @PBcatfish said, just make sure to stay out of the boat channel to the south and west and the boat launch area north of the east span.

Dove the BHB today - was a nice day for it and a convenient afternoon high tide so of course there were people everywhere.

I was impressed that despite the crowds it still felt orderly; mostly saw what looked like advanced divers.
there were one or two low flying flutter kickers stirring up dust trails but mainly saw considerate diving.

its amazing to have this site available close by, what a treasure!

Dove the BHB today - was a nice day for it and a convenient afternoon high tide so of course there were people everywhere.

I was impressed that despite the crowds it still felt orderly; mostly saw what looked like advanced divers.
there were one or two low flying flutter kickers stirring up dust trails but mainly saw considerate diving.

its amazing to have this site available close by, what a treasure!
Glad to hear it was a positive experience.. Was there yesterday and was mostly good. Always fun trying to escape other divers...

Glad to hear it was a positive experience.. Was there yesterday and was mostly good. Always fun trying to escape other divers...
When there are tons of divers/snorkelers like on Memorial weekend, I always head west under the bridge pilings and to the wall by the boat channel. It was pretty quiet there this past weekend despite the number of folks using the park.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom