Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We had a great (annual?) visit Saturday and Sunday. Highlights for us were sea hares, three octopi, and a batfish. Saturday we dove BHB in the morning, and did an afternoon dive with Jupiter Dive Center. Sunday we helped out with the beach cleanup that BHB Scuba was sponsoring and stuck around for some brunchy rewards afterwards. I am so envious of you trolls who get to dive BHB all the time. What a special place. We'll be back!

I was there this past Saturday with @sphyon. It was good to see some of the usual suspects diving there. This was the first time on my rebreather at BHB and it was magical. It was simply awesome.

BTW, is there a limit on the number of high hats a site can support??? Jeez Louise!

Saturday and Sunday were good this weekend. Early high tides meant parking was not an issue. We arrived only 45 minutes prior to high tide both days and didn't have to wait for parking. But when getting out of the water folks were already waiting for my parking spot.

Tides were pretty strong on the west side both days even 20 minutes before high tide, there was a whole camp of photographers waiting for it to calm down. Vis was relatively good until right after high when the flow reversed.

I'm getting a little upset with the fisherman at this site. I found a juvenile snapper with a hook in his mouth and about 3 feet of line attached. Looked like someone caught him and rather than unhook him just cut the line. After he calmed down I was able to grab him and cut the line with extra hooks rigged up it off of him. Wasn't able to get the hook out of his mouth without hurting him or myself (no gloves) :( But he was still able to swim away reasonably well, hopefully I'll be able to see him again.

We had a great (annual?) visit Saturday and Sunday. Highlights for us were sea hares, three octopi, and a batfish. Saturday we dove BHB in the morning, and did an afternoon dive with Jupiter Dive Center. Sunday we helped out with the beach cleanup that BHB Scuba was sponsoring and stuck around for some brunchy rewards afterwards. I am so envious of you trolls who get to dive BHB all the time. What a special place. We'll be back!
You know this is not an exclusive club? You can move here any time you like... :)

Lots of octopi (octopuses?) today. Seemed like any little hole or nook had one. Got to see a big fat sea hare for the first time, and another little one. Good vis - water temp around 77 - really nice day out there today, and not crowded at all. Also, caught a nice photo of a good sized cocainebaggy fish, indigenous to So Fla waters ... :confused:
BagFish1.jpg Octo.jpg SeaHare.jpg

Anyone see a shark today? Met a guy practicing for some freediving tournament as i was getting in the water on the west side this afternoon. Told me there was a juvenile bull over by the center console wreck. I searched all over that area, and ended up ranging from the westside to the east and back again but never caught a glimpse.

Anyone see it?

I'm more voyeur than harasser, particularly when the object has pointy teeth.
That said, Zombie Bull Shark, was the name of my Woody Guthrie cover band in junior high ... :cool:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom