Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ooooh what is your new camera? I'm 95% sure I'll have to replace my vintage housed Canon before returning to the water next summer.
If you're happy with your camera, why change it? My old camera is still being used by some, yet it hasn't been manufactured, AFAIK, in years.. and at the time it was considered a very good PnS. But after close to 6 years shooting it, I have outgrown its features. Ready for a new challenge!

How busy do we think bhb will be on a friday, mid day? I would think better than the weekend but maybe not by much?

Thanks

...Went searching for nudis, frogfish and seahorses but found none of the above.[...../QUOTE]
They're there. Hard to spot, but full of character:
JH_07037-Edit-Edit.jpg
JH_07026-Edit-Edit.jpg

hmmm been a while for a new post here.
wanted to go tomorrow. But morning tide too early and have a commitment for the late afternoon.. drat.
How about a photo from my last dive there? A pufferfish minding its own business getting run over by a snail.

Attachments

• 1259 06 snail and puffer.jpg
    1259 06 snail and puffer.jpg
    678.5 KB · Views: 70
Been seeing glimpses of a spotted eagle ray all week. Lucky to have made it out a few times :)
View attachment 684790
A few of those are around. The biggest I have seen is nearly 4' across. The others are in the 2-3' range. They show up by the fish cleaning tables at Phil Foster. They glide over the sand bar north of Peanut Island. They show up by Miss Blue Heron when she comes in. They breeze by the cleaning table at Sailfish Marina. I've seen one jump out of the water in the channel just south of BHB

Did a REEF fish count today at the bridge. 80 species in 67 minutes. Including these two individuals. Orangeback Bass is usually found at depths greater than 60 feet. The other is difficult to tell whether its Northern or Southern Stargazer. Southern Stargazers sometimes have starburst patterns on some its spots. Northern usually have caudal fin stripe that extends on the body past the anal fin. Tough to see a continuation of the caudal fin stripe at all.

Orangeback Bass.jpeg
Southern Stargazer.jpg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom