Blue Heron Bridge, Sunday morning, November 16, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's correct, it was not Scuba_Dad... He doesn't dive split fins (the fins I grabbed...), and he doesn't have breasts... that I've noticed... :wink:

You've been looking? :no:

Small reminder for BHB divers. Unless you are launching or removing a boat, the park is only open from sunrise to sunset. Outside of those hours is considered trespassing and they have been known to enforce it.

Sunrise is 6:48 on the 26th. I drove over the bridge on my way to work yesterday at about 6:35AM or so and it was fairly light out. I am sure the law won't mind us sneaking in park shortly before sunrise and dropping into the water right at sunrise. At least that is what I hope

:hmmm: But will they crush my fingers? Are there going to be any shopping carts for me to look at? I like the stainless steel ones, they hold up best . . .

I don't know but there will be a few sunken boats thanks to the last hurricane :wink:

I don't know but there will be a few sunken boats thanks to the last hurricane :wink:

Actually it was Hurricanes Francis and Jeanne, a year before Katrina and Wilma!
"they" (whoever they are) when cleaning the park of hurricane debris decided to leave a few of the boats down because the growth was so prolific. Phil Foster park was closed for over a year because of the extensive damage.

Are there going to be any shopping carts for me to look at? I like the stainless steel ones, they hold up best . . .

:rofl3:

Fellow SB'ers!

For anyone who is interested, the video from last weekend's Blue Heron Bridge Dive is ready for purchase.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

There are some still frames to look at HERE. DO NOT USE THE LINK ON THE VIDEO GALLERY PAGE TO ORDER!! I have a special link for the ScubaBoarders who were there (a 25% discounted price) HERE.

It was good to see everyone at the dive, and hope to see you all again soon!

Doug

All,

I'm glad we did our dive there last weekend instead of this weekend. I went in the water there yesterday afternoon (Saturday, 4pm) and I could barely see my hand in front of my face. Had to hug the bottom both east and west points, even at slack tide. The critters were down there for really close inspection but literally so thick it was a challenge. Spent the rest of the air practicing navigation techniques.

Tom

Did the BHB before work on Wed morning. Dropped in the water at about 6:45 and out at 7:55. Vis was great, I'd estimate 25 feet at the best point during the dive with vis slacking off as we got further from high tide (which was at 7:08, if I remember correctly). Water temp was comfortable at 75 degrees: my dive buddy wore a .5mm suit (as in 1/2 mm) and felt good while I had on a 3mm. Saw the usual suspects... but first's for me were an octopus and the arrow crab. Lots of tropicals and pufferfish. Ahhhh, its nice living in a place where you can dive for more than an hour prior to work in late November. Happy Thanksgiving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom