Blue Heron Bridge- How Long To See It All

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you everyone for your replies. It will probably be late May or June before we get out there. We will be in Cozumel at the end of next week and are still fighting the girls schedules for the Florida trip. If there are any other local dives, places to eat, or fun family things to do, please share. Great site! Thanks again.
Jay

Loggerhead Marinelife Center on US1 in Juno Beach--turtle rehab...Capt. Charlies Seafood restaurant also on 1 in Juno. Dune Dog restaurant in Jupiter on ALT A1A. And then there's the famous, in our minds; BHB troll bar--Brass Ring on US1 about a mile north of Blue Heron Blvd. Best burgers around!! Juno is about 5-6 miles N of that and Jupiter about 5-6 miles N of Juno........the other popular shore dive is at Lauderdale by the Sea, near Ft Lauderdale to the south in the next county. But boats abound!

..... It will probably be late May or June before we get out there. ....

That time frame is perfect. You should really consider a Singer Island beach side hotel for the girls if you can swing it. Long nightly walks on the beach can frequently encounter the PEAK of turtles coming up out of the water to dig holes and lay eggs. If they ever get a chance to witness it, it will be etched into their memory for life guaranteed !!

May-June begins the very best of the Florida diving season. Warm, clear and calm is typical. In addition to the bridge (you can time your trip and the dives it the way I suggested around any high tide at 8 to 830 in the evening), I would definitely consider one boat trip (2 dives) to the local reefs, which are very beautiful and usually have multiple turtle sightings during that time of year. Great to see them nesting at night, and then see them in the water during the dives!

+1 on staying on Singer Island. +1 for Brass Ring if you are a fan of great burgers. Another food idea, in my opinion the best seafood restaurant in the entire state (and I have eaten my way from Pensacola to Key West) is called the Food Shack in Jupiter, only 15-20 mins or so from BHB. Multiple species of absolutely fresh local fish, cooked in incredibly creative ways. It is gourmet but casual and the prices especially for lunch are super reasonable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom