Blue Heron Bridge Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friday and saturday are bad for me.Family is going to New Jork for mini season and leaving saturday mid afternoon. This is why Sandbar and I and maybe Wrongway are gonna catch a boat sunday! Look for the post with all the details!!

I do the keys every year it's part of my religion and it's in the rule book!!!
So while I'm down they'll be up! It tends to work out well! I recharge my sanity battery!!

Doug thanks for the offer wouldn't like to get in the way of a family night :wink:

But as the week progresses I'll be sure to contact you as I am very curious about this spot :)

plus I am doing a lot of dives this week lol gotta love diving I guess hehe

My wife and I will be down there next week, (7/24 to 7/30) and would like to catch some bridge dives when not out with OceanQuest or JASA. We've dove the bridge before the hurricane closed it, and know we need to dive it at high tide. Question is, were great lakes divers from NY.... how do we know when high tide is, we have no tides where we dive lol Any help would be helpful.

PS we'll be on the both 3 tank trips with Sandy both days of mini season, if any one is signed up.

Dan
Rochester NY

Firediver32:
My wife and I will be down there next week, (7/24 to 7/30) and would like to catch some bridge dives when not out with OceanQuest or JASA. We've dove the bridge before the hurricane closed it, and know we need to dive it at high tide. Question is, were great lakes divers from NY.... how do we know when high tide is, we have no tides where we dive lol Any help would be helpful.

PS we'll be on the both 3 tank trips with Sandy both days of mini season, if any one is signed up.

Dan
Rochester NY
Firediver, my original post has a link that takes you directly to a page dedicated to the bridge with lots of info. There is also an interactive tide chart listed on the left hand side of the page...you populate the date and it gives you the tides.

Very late notice, but we're headed for the bridge this afternoon.
Got blown out of kayak diving yesterday and today, sooo...
High tide at 12:26pm, so we'll be floating in the water a bit after 11:45am
waiting for the tide to go slack.

Ahh, to be one wif ze feeshes ... finds ...
next Blue Heron excursion is August 11th, friday, 10:29am-ish.
Maybe sunday ... don't want to compete with the AmD2 dive.

P7300011x.jpg

P7300059x.jpg

P7300068x.jpg

P7300070x.jpg

P7300045x.jpg

P7300043x.jpg

P7300039x.jpg

SFLDiver:
Nice shots! I've been told by Jim Abernethy that there are two frogfish down there now as well. I'm headed there this weekend. If I find them (meaning he shows me where they are!) I'll pass it along so you can enjoy them on your dive the 11th!

Doug

I try and try and stare at the columns on the small span to the point of going blind,
and still have not spotted a frogfish ... yet!

One of these days I'll find one with indigestion and he'll -burp- right in front of me
so I can spot the lil bugger.

I need to circle up the SFUPS's and get there on a night dive.
Tues, 8/8 8:34pm ... could be a possibility.

Good luck!!

SFLDiver:
I need to circle up the SFUPS's and get there on a night dive.
Tues, 8/8 8:34pm ... could be a possibility.

Are you serious? I'd go if it's OK. I was feeling so bad that my next few weekends are too busy to get up there, but a night dive would be beautimus!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom