Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK for a SB sidetrack: Has anyone been there in the last few weeks and if so has construction started on the new cruise ship pier near by. Last fall the claim was they would begin in late December with a completion date 30 months later.

I apologize if I got the ownership change info wrong, but I stand with my opinion that the hotel, the dive op, the restaurant and the service have gone downhill when we were there in October of last year compared to my previous visits years ago. It may have to do with the pandemic, who knows. They would not refund money owed to us in spite of many requests forcing a dispute to PayPal. Too many businesses use the pandemic as an excuse for bad service.

Reactions: JFS
OK for a SB sidetrack: Has anyone been there in the last few weeks and if so has construction started on the new cruise ship pier near by. Last fall the claim was they would begin in late December with a completion date 30 months later.
Currently no construction.

I apologize if I got the ownership change info wrong, but I stand with my opinion that the hotel, the dive op, the restaurant and the service have gone downhill when we were there in October of last year compared to my previous visits years ago. It may have to do with the pandemic, who knows. They would not refund money owed to us in spite of many requests forcing a dispute to PayPal. Too many businesses use the pandemic as an excuse for bad service.
Can you be more specific? I know the property and its history very well.

I stayed there a couple of years ago. Overall I like the hotel. Small, nice staff, ocean front, nice restaurant, fresh water on every floor and nice sized rooms. However, the traffic noise is considerable. The road is already busy and there is a speed bump right outside the hotel that everyone accelerates from. The are located feet from the main road and have open hallways from the stairs to your room door. Easily fixed with some glass. Had to turn up music during the day and use ear plugs to sleep at night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom