Blue Angel vs. Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking forward to heading back to BA on Wednesday and noting what changes have occurred in the last year since I was there. Did forget about the toilet paper thing. Yep...that was icky.

Aloha...
Just flush it. I asked Eva if she could get lids for the bathroom trashcans because of that and she said to go ahead and flush it. Well she may have changed her mind since, depending on how often it backs up? :confused:

Hope you have a delightful and problem free trip. :grinbandit:

Hey, what was the name of the PDC hotel you liked better than the first one you tried? I tried to find at report but was unable to.
:lotsalove: thanks

Heading to BA on Thursday with my son for a boys week out divathon! Many thanks to all who posted on this thread and helped us to make the selection. We're gonna get wet and stay that way till the computers tell us we gotta stop!

Hola everyone,

Blue Angel turned out to be a very good stay. What really makes it outstanding are the people who work there and when you are a return guest you really reap the rewards. I love that you recognize the same people. Martin, Jose, Jorge, Eduardo, Andrea. They have a new chef Francisco...he is a delightful person and wonderful chef. My only complaint would be for BA to update the Air conditioners. We changed rooms which helped. The owners were back in Canada...still have not met them yet. But I always hear wonderful things about them.

The SHORE dive at night is another great reason to stay at BA. Once again...lots of Octopus out in the open, squid, eel, sea snakes, rays, baby everything. As much as I feel sorry for the rays in ray prison...it sure does attract critters on the outside. Did two night dives and they were both phenom. They also have a cute gal from South Africa who makes the rounds on the dive boats doing video. You have the option to buy. She is definitely worth the price of $60.00 Comes out looking like National Geographic/Discovery Channel piece.
Diving is getting to be like pre-hurricane levels. Truly awesome. I have lots of great pics (already on Facebook) and video of one of the DM'S actually handling a lionfish. Says he has NEVER been stung by one! Will post pics later.
PS: I was surprised to see they built a new PIER right by the light house next to BA. It looks strange to see it there. The Oasis (largest cruise ship in the world) parked there...along with utility ferries coming from Playa. They are building a huge parking lot on the other side of the road (non-ocean side) to accommodate shipping transports.
PSS: Got to meet lots of great people...including GordoninNM and his son Pepper. It was all good.
PSSS: Came back with a bad case of swimmers ear. Went to ENT, she prescribed steroidal ear drops and pain pills. Plane ride did not have any ill effects since it was not equalization related. So take your drops with you to dry out ears!!!

Wow Great Post!! I am planning my first Cozumel trip for October 9th and still trying to decide between BA and SCC. I have some questions for you:
1. Service: Both me and my bf have had back surgery and rather not carry anything heavy. Normally were we go the DM is in charge or changing and puting away all the geat. Do you think this could be arranged at any of this two places?
2. Beds: I have heard that the beds at SCC are terrible, too hard. Any comments on that?

Thanks everyone!

Glad you enjoyed BA Mary! And glad no slip and fall accidents like last year!!!!! :) I may have been lucky but on my two stays at BA I had great AC. I tend to crank mine pretty low at night so that's important to me.

vvitola: Don't know about SCC, but I can almost assure you that if you ask the guys at BA to carry your stuff to the boat and back they'd happily do it for you (and even more happily for a nice little tip). They carry the tanks down to the dock in a wheel barrow and throwing your stuff on top wouldn't be much extra effort for them.

Have fun!
Jeff

Glad you enjoyed BA Mary! And glad no slip and fall accidents like last year!!!!! :) I may have been lucky but on my two stays at BA I had great AC. I tend to crank mine pretty low at night so that's important to me.

vvitola: Don't know about SCC, but I can almost assure you that if you ask the guys at BA to carry your stuff to the boat and back they'd happily do it for you (and even more happily for a nice little tip). They carry the tanks down to the dock in a wheel barrow and throwing your stuff on top wouldn't be much extra effort for them.

Have fun!
Jeff
AC? Never had a problem with the BA's after H.Wilman and replacement. I'm down at the Villablanca in an upgraded room with the AC on 4 clicks above coolest with ceiling fan running but I turn it up/warmer some at night.

I'm sure the BA would tote your bags for you as needed; just ask, offer to pay or tip - and also request a ground floor room. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom