Blue Angel dive op?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wife and I have about 20 trips to the BA over the years. I have never seen a boat restricted to 60'. While they always ask for site preference, I have heard guest's speak up and actually many prefer shallower dives. We like a mix of both. The DM's are very experienced and the same core 3 are still there after 10 years. Mateo, Andy and Julio. One of the captains, Chango, has been there over 20 years. Is the place fancy? Nope, Can it be noisy sometimes? Yep. Mostly road noise. Is the food good? Yep, and plentiful. Location is awesome as well. One of the best area's for shore dives and teaching. And arguably some of the best live music on the island. Every time we go we are met with hugs and smiles from all of the staff. I would say that most of their guests are repeat customers as well. Just depends what you are looking for, We will be back in March, 21st visit.
For a few days last year the southernmost and deepest reefs were closed; only Cedral northward was open to diving because of a stiff SE wind. We did more shallower dives when that was going on but never were we restricted to a particular depth. Mateo is an old friend and fellow Deadhead; he has been there since before Eva bought the place and renamed it Blue Angel.

I keep thinking I should give a bad review, It's getting harder to get reservations! We have met Claire and Barbara there a few years back. They turned us on to La Perlita.

I keep thinking I should give a bad review, It's getting harder to get reservations! We have met Claire and Barbara there a few years back. They turned us on to La Perlita.
:D

(Claire and Barbara are my sister and my mom.)

When we first started staying at Blue Angel it was La Perla; it was run by the owners, Javier and Emma, who lived across the street. We lost Javier a couple of years ago, but Emma still lives there. In those days nobody knew about the place and sometimes when we went it wasn't actually open, so Javier would just come across the street and unlock the gate for us and we would be the only people staying there.

Those were the days...

Eva bought the place and renamed it Blue Angel.
It was named Blue Angel for years before Eva bought it. I am surprised that you don't remember.

The La Perla name was before my time tho.

Wife and I have about 20 trips to the BA over the years. I have never seen a boat restricted to 60'. While they always ask for site preference, I have heard guest's speak up and actually many prefer shallower dives. We like a mix of both. The DM's are very experienced and the same core 3 are still there after 10 years. Mateo, Andy and Julio. One of the captains, Chango, has been there over 20 years. Is the place fancy? Nope, Can it be noisy sometimes? Yep. Mostly road noise. Is the food good? Yep, and plentiful. Location is awesome as well. One of the best area's for shore dives and teaching. And arguably some of the best live music on the island. Every time we go we are met with hugs and smiles from all of the staff. I would say that most of their guests are repeat customers as well. Just depends what you are looking for, We will be back in March, 21st visit.
I'd have to agree with most of these points. Do you recall the year and room rate on your first visit?

It was named Blue Angel for years before Eva bought it. I am surprised that you don't remember.

The La Perla name was before my time tho.
It all runs together in my mind, but I am pretty sure it was Caribe Blu when Alejandra and her dad owned it, and I don't remember anyone else owning it between those regimes.

It all runs together in my mind, but I am pretty sure it was Caribe Blu when Alejandra and her dad owned it, and I don't remember anyone else owning it between those regimes.
I think I have a vague memory of it being called Caribe Blu when I first started staying there, maybe. I think that Eva bought it from father & son.

I think I have a vague memory of it being called Caribe Blu when I first started staying there, maybe. I think that Eva bought it from father & son.
Father and daughter (Alejandra), but yes. I believe it changed from Caribe Blu to Blue Angel when Eva and Robert (Robert is gone now) bought it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom