Blown Tank Face O-ring at 80'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, when I go on vacation I take a couple DIN H-valves with me and ask the shop to swap them over for my dives?

R

I had to chuckle a bit :lol2: when I read how you heard the sound, looked around to whom to save, but "I look behind me at the other divers and they're all looking at me." "Duh, why you wasting air, Rachel?" Maybe it wasn't exactly like that, but I read it that way.

I started offering my alternate reg at the first sign that another diver might have a problem - quickly, without waiting for a request, long before my Rescue course. Hell, I tell others: "If you need air, grab it or the pony reg without asking. I'll understand." For personal reasons, I am not donating the reg is my mouth, and they've already heard that, too. I've done a few ascents that way with my short hose; cozy, but not a problem. I want to keep a hand on the other diver anyway.

You kept your head torqued down when it happened, and that's priority #1.

I wouldn't have shut the valve down until I had a backup air source going.
Been there once, in drill in Fundies class.

Harley: you may find that you need to loosen your waist band, reach behind with your
left hand and raise your tank, and then getting the valve is easier.

ianr33:
"personal reasons" ? Do you have a nasty contagious disease Don? :)
Nah, Manta mouthpiece mostly, that is difficult to remove - and I like that. More personal are the dentures, and I do Not want anyone pulling against them.

On a Cozumel trip a couple of years ago, I had just got my home buddy back into diving, but the "Trip Group Instructor" turned into a worthless bum so I was working with him, donating air on most dives as he could not get comfortable and relaxed. (Since got him his own rig and Seacure mouthpiece - fixed most of that.)

His wise-mouth, vacation diving, Dallas buddy said: "I always have plenty of air, use mine." Next dive, he passed his reg, but no one grabbed the other. Dallas buddy took off swimming, reg popped outa home bud's mouth and he start waving his arms, and I lost it. All I could do is laugh, wishing I had my camera - as the DM rushed over to donate, until I got my act together and took over. My one failure to act safety in donating, hope my last. :blush: He has let me down a couple of times since, and I have threatened his body on the boat, but we're getting better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom