Blower for a Dave Dalton Suit Dryer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeS

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Is anyone interested in a blower to build one of Dave Dalton’s Suit Dryers? http://home.earthlink.net/~toddclagett/NovaTech/drysuitdryer.htm I was getting ready to order the blower which is $9.95, but discovered there’s a $5 handling charge for orders less than $30, so with shipping, the $9.95 blower costs $19.95. If there are a couple of others interested in getting a blower I’ll order them all at the same time.

Mike

P.S. O.K., I know, I know, I’m too cheap to pay the $5 handling charge for the drying rack for my $2200 dry suit. It’s just that the budget is limited and there are sooooo many toys to buy!

Hey, Mike- Could you ring me up for one? I'll see what I can do about modifying the design to accommodate wetsuits.

Thanks- how do you want to handle logistics? Paypal? Meet at the quarry some Saturday (no real rush right now)? Cross that bridge when we get there?

Dave O

What does the economics of buying a bulk lot of the blowers and remailing them to other ScubaBoard members look like? I'm interested in building one, but me in CA and you in MD doesn't really sound like a swap at the quarry job.

Any bulk purchase discounts, price breaks, reduced mailing charges that might make it worthwhile doing a large purchase, similar to the spring strap kits I did a while ago for users?

Hey Ben, check the forum you're posting in. :wink:

Scubaroo once bubbled...
What does the economics of buying a bulk lot of the blowers and remailing them to other ScubaBoard members look like? I'm interested in building one, but me in CA and you in MD doesn't really sound like a swap at the quarry job.

Any bulk purchase discounts, price breaks, reduced mailing charges that might make it worthwhile doing a large purchase, similar to the spring strap kits I did a while ago for users?

Oops, I apologize Ben. I didn't get that you were talking about bulk discounts. That's what I get for being a smarta$$

GearHead once bubbled...
Hey Ben, check the forum you're posting in. :wink:

I ordered 2 when I first did it and got some other stuff as well to get the order level up.

Dave D

DaveO,

If you’re agreeable I’ll order 4 and split the cost four ways. I want two for myself (a stand for both me and Deb), one for another friend and you. I think that will make them about $12 dollars each. I can either put yours in the mail and you can send a check when you get it or we can wait to we dive together, hopefully soon.

Scubaroo once bubbled...

Ben,

The blower price drops to $8.50 each for 10. The difference isn’t enough to pay for shipping. Maybe if all of the conduit fittings were included also but at this point I’m not confident enough of the parts. I’ll take lots of pictures and record part numbers when I build it so maybe it will make sense next time.

MikeS once bubbled...
DaveO,
.....I’m not confident enough of the parts. I’ll take lots of pictures and record part numbers when I build it so maybe it will make sense next time.

Take a look at the pictures at

http://home.earthlink.net/~toddclagett/NovaTech/drysuitdryer.htm

Nothing exact here. Draw up what you think you want and go to Lowes or Home Depot and walk around fitting things up. Make a list of the parts you need or you will make multiple trips back and forth.

Good thing is if you screw up you just cut it, get a couple of connectors and glue it back together. The original was a fixed unit, then I cut off the upper portion of the leg pipes and made them slip fit then I cut the base down to make it easier to store and made the leg pipes long. Another option is just hook up some corogated tubing to the two outlets and run the tubing down the legs with the suit laid out flat and call it the "travel option". It will all work, you just want to move the air.

Dave D

MikeS once bubbled...
...I can either put yours in the mail and you can send a check...

Why don't we save you the hassle of re-boxing it and re-mailing it: I can wait until a dive day at Millbrook or somewhere, no worries. And I'll get a check to you via snail mail if you'll PM your address, or PayPal: whatever works.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom