Suggestion Block feature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actively going somewhere where you have zero interest is completely different than being in a chatroom on an internet forum where you have lots of interest (just maybe not in the one person talking).

But I hear the clan has good coffee...
Wouldn’t be nice if you could enjoy the coffee without the A-holes?

A-holes are human too.

No... because there are times in my life that I "think" someone is being an A hole only to figure out at a later date that they were justified in their actions (to an extent). Sometimes it's just been me.

It's a slippery slope (at least I think). Maybe that'll change for me as I get older, Idk... life would be boring if all I did was interact with people I agree with.

Sometimes bitter coffee from an A hole is exactly what I need!

Too many snowflakes.
Mommy didn’t do them any favors by putting that helmet and knee pads on them to deal with the unpleasantries of life.
The poor entitled children will some day be crushed when they realize nobody is there to save them. At some point in their lives they will be the ones in charge and I hardly think they’re ready for it.
The ignore button and blocking people isn’t going to work forever.
Way 2 soft.
No wonder diving is dying!

I don't do Facebook. This is one of 2 or 3 forums I post on and read other people's posts. I don't write anything that can't be published web wide, so I have no need of a feature that blocks my posts from "public" view.

If there was a block feature, such as the one below, ASD would be pretty lonely because everyone would’ve blocked him/ her…

Just reread the OP. Why would you want to prevent another user from seeing your posts?
So you can’t get alerts from people you block/ ignore and you wouldn’t have to worry about them quoting/ replying to you in DM, etc.

Will we be able to block staff members lol

One of the issues with a “true block” feature is when the OP of some of these larger threads, eg. The trump/ Biden threads, the invasion threads, etc blocks a user, that user won’t see the entire thread, which is kinda lame

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom