Blacktip tech 20ah batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr.337

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I got my blacktip tech dpv new (for screaming deal) and looking for opinions and feed back on the 20ah "cave" packs offered by Jonah and NSG. Both claim 20ah and extended range vs 2 12ah dewalts.

I WILL NOT fly with the battery and have access to 12ah dewalts in Mexico. So for the states I do want one of the 20ah batteries for Florida caves that I'll drive to.

Both have great reviews but Jonah is $300 more than NSG so just wondering what you get for additional price if anyone can chime in GREATLY appreciated!!

Do you really want to spend $$$ on a battery for a DPV that seems to have a history of flooding issues? At least with DeWalt you can replace batteries "under warranty."

I also bought a blacktip at a discount so it was not difficult to justify the NSG battery purchase. I would be happy to dive with you in a FL cave and let you check it out. I did have to remove a LOT of the weight to trim it....

I also bought a blacktip at a discount so it was not difficult to justify the NSG battery purchase. I would be happy to dive with you in a FL cave and let you check it out. I did have to remove a LOT of the weight to trim it....
How many dives do you have in the nsg pack? Does the battery remaining still work if your on a dive?

Do you find your getting the run time they are claiming with the packs?

I've dove with a bt tech and 12ah dewalts in Mexico so definitely love it. Just trying to justify why one is $300 more. Is there's a hidden feature on Jonahs I'm missing to make it worth that vs NSG?

How many dives do you have in the nsg pack? Does the battery remaining still work if your on a dive?

Do you find your getting the run time they are claiming with the packs?

I've dove with a bt tech and 12ah dewalts in Mexico so definitely love it. Just trying to justify why one is $300 more. Is there's a hidden feature on Jonahs I'm missing to make it worth that vs NSG?

Only 2 dives, I didn't do any burn testing. I never maxed out the cheap Chinese batteries I was using before it anyway. The battery life indicator is still there, and I presume it still does what it's supposed to do. It did not decrease from full charge in either of the 2 dives (1-2 hrs) I used it on. The way I look at it, it costs about the same as two DeWalt 12ah batteries, I don't have to deal with imbalance anymore, and I don't have to take it out of the scooter.

I’ll chime in a little bit. I like Stefan, he’s a good guy. I have not handled his packs just seen photos of them.

Internally the NSG pack is the same config as the one we offer at EXPT. They are a 10s4p made with Samsung 50E.

Our units come with a Bluetooth BMS that allows for external monitoring of the pack via an app on your phone. This is helpful for checking your SOC between dives and keeping up on the integrity for years to come.

All batteries come with a 2 year warranty.

I’ll chime in a little bit. I like Stefan, he’s a good guy. I have not handled his packs just seen photos of them.

Internally the NSG pack is the same config as the one we offer at EXPT. They are a 10s4p made with Samsung 50E.

Our units come with a Bluetooth BMS that allows for external monitoring of the pack via an app on your phone. This is helpful for checking your SOC between dives and keeping up on the integrity for years to come.

All batteries come with a 2 year warranty.
Thanks Jona for the reply. So if I read that correct both batteries won't be able to use the onboard battery level screen during your dive, but yours can use a bluetooth app on my phone post/predive to check levels?

Is the lead time still around 4 weeks shipped to Texas or is it less? Was hoping to get to use mine before summer is out.

I wouldn't dive a battery which I can't check the health of individual parallel strings via bluetooth between dives. What would be an absolute coup would be to find a way of displaying that during the dive but I'm unsure that bluetooth can be made to work underwater in any useful way.

Or you can buy the Sentry dashboard from Logic divegear for an off the shelf option.

Thanks Jona for the reply. So if I read that correct both batteries won't be able to use the onboard battery level screen during your dive, but yours can use a bluetooth app on my phone post/predive to check levels?

Is the lead time still around 4 weeks shipped to Texas or is it less? Was hoping to get to use mine before summer is out.
They both work with the display still.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom