Blackbeard's Shipwreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Queen Anne's Revenge. Some new information on the wreck, a possible positive identification, and perhaps even a movie.

In 25' of water I would love to dive it. I doubt if the public will ever get the chance but it would be a wonderful dive.

http://www.qaronline.org/education/ecureport.htm

Yes you can dive this.

Arrangements have been made to allow a limited number of rec. divers to dive this site for $500 per pop. This includes classes on the history of the wreck - etc.

You need to check with Discovery Diving in Beaufort.

www.discoverydiving.com

DeputyDan:
Yes you can dive this.

Arrangements have been made to allow a limited number of rec. divers to dive this site for $500 per pop. This includes classes on the history of the wreck - etc.

You need to check with Discovery Diving in Beaufort.

www.discoverydiving.com

Wow, that's great. Thanks for the information. :eyebrow:

You can also Contact Lauren at Olympus http://www.olympusdiving.com/. She's actually the one coordinating most if this. She'll also give you contact info to the LDS's that are set up for registering divers.

I represented our LDS for the introduction of the specialty classes and was able to dive the QAR as part of this. It's basically a once in a lifetime chance to dive it.

The first year, (based on popularity) will be reserved for North Carolina divers only. If necessary, this will extend into the second year. Out of state divers will get the opportunity after that. The plan is to allow 300 divers per year on her for 5 years then close it to recreational diving.

WV Diver:

Go with the contact with Laura first. I have spoken with her on this and the info about her coordinating this program is correct. I simply could not remember her name and contact info.

DD

DeputyDan:
WV Diver:

Go with the contact with Laura first. I have spoken with her on this and the info about her coordinating this program is correct. I simply could not remember her name and contact info.

DD

Great I will call Laura when the time comes. Thanks guys for all the details. I hope to get down there someday and check it out.

I too, would be VERY interested in diving this wreck!!

I've written to Lauren at Olympus, and will add any information she sends to this thread. If anyone else has any information, please don't hesitate to post it.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom