Black Manta to Similian Island in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Splendid80

Registered
Reaction score
We're going on the Black Manta from March 24-28 and wonder if someone else in here will go on this trip as well - apparently it is fully booked already. It will be our first live-aboard trip and we're very exited and we're looking forward to meeting new people and have a fun time :wink:

Any other tips for a 3 week trip to Thailand? We're flying in to Krabi and will spend the first days at Railay beach if we can find a room - seems very fully booked all over...We will also go to Phi-Phi, Koh Lanta and perhaps Koh Muuk and Koh Lipe if time allows.

Well......I'll be on a liveaboard at the same time..... 21st-27th.....but it's the Colona 6! :D

I'll wave if we pass you! :D

I'll wave back then :) We might even meet under water - from what I've read it tends to be busy under the surface...

I'll wave back then :) We might even meet under water - from what I've read it tends to be busy under the surface...
That's really only at Richelieu in my experience. (I've been there twice before)
I saw other divers in the water at one other site, but they were exiting as we started our dive. You might see other divers in the south if you're going there - Hin Daeng & Hin Muang - but again....it's actually unusual underwater.

Mostly the boats are pretty good at timing it so they stay away from each other.

But Richelieu is busy. You need to keep your wits about you when you surface at the end of a dive......there are boats everywhere......

Thanks for the advise :)

Good to hear that it's not that crowded! Must be a great place to dive since you're going back for the 3rd time - I can't wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom