Bizarro thread... Snoring....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ask your usual doc for a referral to the sleep study center. if it turns out they can't help you (which is very unlikely) checking it out won't hurt anything. most people feel SOOO much better after a few nights' real sleep with cpap or whatever else is suggested to help.

for spouses of occasional snorers of the less-than-freight-train variety, try this. get your snorer on (usually but not always) his side, and pull the side of his pillow slightly down toward his back, so that his head tilts toward his back more. the position you're going foor is called the 'sniffing' position - extended but not hyperextended. this helps open up the back of the throat so no snoring. i've worked recovery room before, and pacu nurses hate snoring. it is an obstructed airway. the only question is how severely obstructed.

My wife tried everthing short of shoving the pillow down my throat. It got to the point of anticipating some action on her part by my sleeping body. If she even got close to me, i'd leap from the bed convinced she was trying to poke me (or jiggle me) Then i'd go sleep on the couch.(usually mad for no good reason) getting seperate rooms was a savior on our relationship. Can you imagine if i got the problem fixed!

Folks,

I know this is an old thread, but hopefully some of you will reply. I've been diagnosed with severe apnea and before the doctor will do the surgery, he wants me to try a CPAP machine for several months. I noticed that several of you on here seem to love yours, but I'm having trouble adjusting to mine.

Last week, the technician came and set me up with a machine with a nose mask (not covering the mouth). So I'm supposed to keep my mouth shut and breathe through my nose all night. I CAN'T stand it! I keep opening my mouth and then a woosh of air comes out and I wake up. I am really miserable.

So my question to those of you who use a CPAP is this: do you have the nose mask or the full face mask? Because I'm thinking that as I'm a diver, my instinct is to breathe through my mouth, like you do with your regulator. And that this could be my problem.

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome!

Thanks,
Trish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom