Bitterness of Scuba Instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I'm beginning to get the message now.

When I first started pointing out the rudeness trend of SB there were at least as many people agreeing with me as disagreeing with me. But lately I'm getting a lot more disagreement on the subject, and now people are telling me I may not belong here.

Which is the same as saying that I'm not wanted here.

And if I did continue to participate in a forum where I'm not wanted, I really would be a troll (as several have called me).

And frankly, being criticized (now by 2 posters) for standing up for the wife who's being yelled at by the husband--well, I think you're right, I really don't belong here.

Matt,
First, the right thing to do WOULD BE to tell the husband to chill.....
Second, I think you need to dive with a bunch of SB regulars, and get more of feel for how people from here think about things in person, and how this gets translated by the medium.
You fit in well here, I think you will see this if you stick around :)

Second, I think you need to dive with a bunch of SB regulars,
I believe he is invading Coz with a number of our irregulars! I'll be sure to take him over to Wet Wendys for a Cucumber/Jalapeno Margarita!

I honestly wonder if the original post was a sort of social experiment-
Word some controversial statements so they appear, on the surface, to be polite but negatively generalize an entire group of people, then let the sparks fly, sort of a covert "poke the sleeping bear with a sharp stick",
Then act the aggrieved victim when people disagree.
Interesting to say the least.

1) This gets my vote for best thread of 2012 (so far), a lot of well thought out, well written thorough posts! I read the entire thread and I think I will honestly be less likely to take offense at posts, even the clearly antagonistic ones.
Thanks everyone.

So 19 pages and I have a burning question...
Do you choose your tank bangers based on their colour, the loudness of the sound or their pitch and timbre?

:spit:

Holy cow, this caught me unprepared! :cool3:

I've become friends with at least one person on this board where I think it would enormously surprise most people that we've made a connection.... In the end, after all, we are all divers, and we really share that.
Does that mean we might become friends?

• Gives the Mods something to do. Think of them as the "SBCSI"... you report a problematic post and they will investigate. You don't have to go through the hassle, because they will.

:rofl3: Like we don't keep 'em busy enough?!?!? :rofl3: :lol:

Holy cow, this caught me unprepared! :cool3:

Well it is a bit disturbing that this thread isn't following the normal progression of SB threads. I am ready for my off-topic content.

Well it is a bit disturbing that this thread isn't following the normal progression of SB threads. I am ready for my off-topic content.

We're not off topic? It started out as the OP decrying the bitterness of instructors and has evolved into him sulking about how he doesn't belong and everyone else handling him with little kid gloves so he doesn't take his ball and go home.

As I understand the :popcorn: smiley has been determined to be evil, so I shall refrain from posting it.

As we have seen in this thread, it is not just instructors that have opinions and their own ways of sharing them. Some to the point and some with kid gloves. I agree with those that say the OP has no right to expect every member to conform to his social beliefs (or his vision of tolerable). I also agree that some posters (myself included) can come across harsh at times. Speaking from experience, that is not always the way it is intended and sometimes it is. That is life. The TOS are in place and the Report button is there for all to use. That is how, like it or not, Pete and his group keep the board running.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom