Bio Seals Wrist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Stoebe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Anybody got a set of wrist Bio Seals sitting around that they'd like to get rid of? The price of new ones is outrageous for a chunk of gummy rubber.

I'd be happy to sell you mine but with the caveat that although others have used them with great success, my experience is that they have an immediate detrimental effect in DUI's latex seals. p.m. me with what you want to pay if you are still interested.
Hilary

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish?? Tightening up loose seals? Latex allergy?

Have you considered switching to silicon seals?

Do you use dry gloves?

As said above they are known for destroying latex seals.

I've got wimpy wrists with pronounced tendons. I use dry gloves for my cold water diving but use the bio seals for cave diving. I've been using them for quite a while now but my current set is wearing. Are you offering a set for sale?

I've got wimpy wrists with pronounced tendons. I use dry gloves for my cold water diving but use the bio seals for cave diving. I've been using them for quite a while now but my current set is wearing. Are you offering a set for sale?
Sorry no I do not have a set but the guy above does. I was trying to help find a happy solution for you.

DUI has silicon ZIP wrist seals coming. I probably wouldn't want permanent wrings mounted on a suit if diving in caves without gloves on.
DUI DOG Tales - a divers newsletter

Of course getting another set of Bio-Seals would work too :D

If deal with imtoad falls through, I have a set for sale. Only used a few times.

may i chime in to second the motion to stay FAR away from these?
my neck seal blew within 5 uses of a bio seal
i will openly admit the thing is insanely comfortable.... but at what cost?
dives AND replacing seals?
no way,.... i'd try the silicone ...
oh and maybe you can consider using drygloves? a buddy of mine is selling a universal pair for $50 NEW .... another buddy of mine is a "natural" body builder and has the same issue with the narrow wrists and pronounced tendons ... he has not yet found another solution but the silicone is something he has yet to try ...
i hope this was even a little helpful because as a primary buddy, i fell his and your pain (it effects all of us)

may i chime in to second the motion to stay FAR away from these?
my neck seal blew within 5 uses of a bio seal
i will openly admit the thing is insanely comfortable.... but at what cost?
dives AND replacing seals?
no way,.... i'd try the silicone ...
oh and maybe you can consider using drygloves? a buddy of mine is selling a universal pair for $50 NEW .... another buddy of mine is a "natural" body builder and has the same issue with the narrow wrists and pronounced tendons ... he has not yet found another solution but the silicone is something he has yet to try ...
i hope this was even a little helpful because as a primary buddy, i fell his and your pain (it effects all of us)
I'm not familiar with the properties of the silicone seals - why would they not leak when the latex does? I really haven't had problems with my seals breaking down from the Bio Seals. I just use the wrist model and I'd say my ring system is tougher on the seals than the Bio Seals. I rinse the seals well after each use and they've held up ok. As far as the dry gloves - I already use them for cold water diving but they're not an option in the caves.

yeah i hear ya about the caves ... and the rings on my buddy's style dont stress the seals as much as the bare/dui/viking etc. but if you already have them for cold and cant use them in caves ... oh well ...
i was thinking like my fellow member above, about perhaps an allergy and forgot about the "fit" so my points are pretty moot for you. sorry man, i tried.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom