Bio fins vs Atomics, relative lengths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wettek

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Gidday guys.

I have a set of Atomic Aquatics which I absolutely love, but after hearing and reading so much about the Bios, I am seriously considering a set of the Bio Fin XTs. (I am a fairly strong guy, 6'1", 220lb) The Atomics are so bloody big! Is anyone able to supply a photo of an Atomic next to a Bio, or supply me with the lengths of each from the same point (ie fi-tip to rear bottom of foot pocket). Just interested to compare, as size is one of the main reason I'm looking at purchasing, the Atomics are just so huge to pack. Can't take one of my Atomics into my LDS to compare as I am away at work (oil rig) at the moment. Does anyone reckon I will actually notice any performance difference (air consumption, speed) between the two?

Thanks guys.

wettek:
Gidday guys.

I have a set of Atomic Aquatics which I absolutely love, but after hearing and reading so much about the Bios, I am seriously considering a set of the Bio Fin XTs. (I am a fairly strong guy, 6'1", 220lb) The Atomics are so bloody big! Is anyone able to supply a photo of an Atomic next to a Bio, or supply me with the lengths of each from the same point (ie fi-tip to rear bottom of foot pocket). Just interested to compare, as size is one of the main reason I'm looking at purchasing, the Atomics are just so huge to pack. Can't take one of my Atomics into my LDS to compare as I am away at work (oil rig) at the moment. Does anyone reckon I will actually notice any performance difference (air consumption, speed) between the two? Thanks guys.

wettek: Apollo-bio fins, size large: 22 inches/56cm from end of foot pocket to tip of fin. XT model 6lbs/2.72 kg per pair.

Thanks mdb.

Unfortunately I don't have my Atomics with me to measure. Can anyone measure a set of large Atomics for me from fin-tip to end of foot pocket (same as mdb) for comparison?

Much appreciated guys.

Back
Top Bottom