Bio-filter: Rinsing Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trigfunctions

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just bought and installed a bio-filter and will be using it for the first time tomorrow. I am really not clear on how to care for the unit after a dive.

Under the section "one-way valve", the instructions say "Do not rinse or soak bio-filter unless it is under pressure." However, under "cleaning" it says "after use, soak in clean fresh water overnight...."

It sounds like I am supposed to remove the unit completely from the first stage before rinsing the regulator. But if I do that, I would have to plug the opening in the first stage or reconnect the 2nd stage hose before rinsing the regulator. That sounds very inconvenient. Am I misunderstaning something?

Can someone explain to me exactly the steps I am supposed to take after a dive with the bio-filter? Thanks.

trigfunctions:

After you have finished a weekend or week of diving Just remove the foam filter wick element and rinse with fresh water and let it dry. The housing can be cleaned like any first stage regulator part. There is minimal maintenance required. There is no need to remove the bio-filter from the first stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom