Bimini Dive Spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drezabek

Registered
Reaction score
I am heading over to Bimini in the middle of July and I am looking for any recommendations on dive spots. There are some obvious ones -- Bimini Barge, Atlantis Road, etc -- but what else do you recommend? I have the GPS coordinates for the Compleat Angler, but I need some that are surrounded by water, not beer...not that being surrounded by beer is a bad thing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The Sappona, very shallow but an interesting dive with some history......lots of life.

Diver Lori:
The Sappona, very shallow but an interesting dive with some history......lots of life.

We've snorkeled the Sapona the last two years after not catching any fish...hence the reason this year is a dive trip. And you are right, its a great spot.

Atlantis Road is not worth strapping on a tank of air. Just use a snorkel for the five or so minutes it will take to cover this site. Hawksbill Reef, in about 65-70', is my favorite site off North Bimini.

The best diving in the Biminis is to the south around Gun Cay/Cat Cay/South Cat/Ocean Cay. Tuna Alley and Victory Reef are well-known sites, often done as drift dives.

You won't need a GPS to find the Compleat Angler, or beer, in Alice Town.

Two excellent Bimini sites I dove while aboard the Nekton:

Thumbnail and
The Strip

Thumnail is a flat plateau at about 60 feet, if I recall, that's loaded with sponges and fish life.

The STrip is a very short tongue of coral in the middle of a sand flat that is absolutely loaded with eels, scorpion fish, lobster and everything else you can think of.

Regards,

drezabek:
We've snorkeled the Sapona the last two years after not catching any fish...hence the reason this year is a dive trip. And you are right, its a great spot.

I just got back from Bimini and am sitting here cleaning the half dozen or so .50 caliber shells I picked up at the Sapona, as well as a 1950 penny and an unidentified rifle shell.

for 20.00 you can purchase a gps dive site list with like 20 different sites. it has all the gps cordinates on it.

speaking of which does anyone have gps for dive sites in walkers cay bahamas?

the Strip was one of the most interesting dives I have ever done, believe it or not. It is a smallish clump of corals in the middle of sand, but the stuff that goes on there...
I spent over an hour laying on the sand watching a pair of sergeant majors spawning. It was fascinating!

After the dive, then comes the Compleat Angler. :D

SDC:
for 20.00 you can purchase a gps dive site list with like 20 different sites. it has all the gps cordinates on it.

speaking of which does anyone have gps for dive sites in walkers cay bahamas?
Where do I get the GPS list for Bimini?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom