Bimini Dive Spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you goto the dive store at bimini and they will sell you the gps cordinates for $20.00 for all of the dive sites they goto.

steve

drezabek:
I am heading over to Bimini in the middle of July and I am looking for any recommendations on dive spots. There are some obvious ones -- Bimini Barge, Atlantis Road, etc -- but what else do you recommend? I have the GPS coordinates for the Compleat Angler, but I need some that are surrounded by water, not beer...not that being surrounded by beer is a bad thing.

Thanks in advance for any help.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I just got back from a week in Bimini and I have some great recommendations. First of all, I highly recommend diving with Bimini Undersea Divers. There is a cool woman named Melanie who is in charge and captains the boat. She has been working in Bimini as a dive instructor and divemaster for 5-10 years so she really knows the sites.

The best dive of all is the Nodules which is waaaayyyyy south and can have a ripping current so they don't go there often, but it is well worth the boat ride. It is a deep wall dive and it is pristine and rarely dived.

The best place for critters is a spot called The Strip. I did it for a day dive and a night dive on different days and there was tons of stuff to see. It is a very simple dive on a small patch of reef, but it has an abundance of life. Melanie can tell you exactly where the Octypuss is camping out and she did not even go in the water with us.

I have been there once a year for the past 5 years and these two sites have always been the best. They are very different profiles but both are loads of fun.

Have fun!

I really got a kick out of that one shark site that Blackbeard's goes to, with the kinda natural amphitheatre. Don't remember what the site is called. Something "alley" or "run" I think.

cheers

Billy S.

Please use the permanent moorings that are maintained by Bimini Undersea, Blackbeards and Sea Fever Dive Cruises when diving in the Bimini area.
Thanks,
Rick

I second the recommendation for the Nodules. The Nodules is so absolutely beautiful that I decided while diving that if I had the chance to chose the location of my death, the Nodules would be it.

Bimini barge was good as well - but you know about that.

Also the Gingerbread Grounds are very nice, but I don't think I would class them as being Bimini as more Grand Bahamas (?)

Moogyboy:
I really got a kick out of that one shark site that Blackbeard's goes to, with the kinda natural amphitheatre. Don't remember what the site is called. Something "alley" or "run" I think.
cheers

Billy S.
Bull Run. Great site.
Shot this video there in Oct 03.
Rick

If you like good shallow dives, go to North Turtle Rocks. It's only about 20 feet. Tons of little fish, striped grunts, trumpetfish, etc.

Just got back from a week near Bimini with Blackbeard Cruises. Had a blast, as usual. Saw a fairly large bull shark near the Bimini Trader. Wild spotted dolphins off Orange Cay...and an enormous parrotfish near the remains of an old U-Boat off Gun Cay.

The current was a killer this month, tho. About three knots on Yellow Brick Road and Antler. We probably really should have done some drift dives. Also, the trip over from Miami was fairly rough, 15 foot swells. Bring your dramamine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom