Bimini advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snowdog61

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any of you seasoned travelers have got some advice on dive boats/spots that are worthwhile whilst in Bimini? Have a new dive buddy who also happens to be a pilot - I booked Horizon Divers out of Largo this past weekend and seems he got the diving bug again. Who am I to turn down a trip opportunity?

The concrete shipwreck is a fun shallow dive or snorkel. There are some other shallow reefs nearby the area too. I don't have any coords for them, but there are some. Bimini Road is an interesting dive. Lots of lobsters when I was there.

Thanks for the info FD - it's a start so at least I'm not completely clueless

I pulled out my log book from Bimini and here are the names of the dive sites in the area I dove.

Turtle Rocks
Bimini Barge (wreck)
Bimini Road
Hawksbill
Piquette Rocks
Bimiti (Wreck)
Hesperes (wreck)
Big Greeny
Halfpipe
Sapona (wreck) - this is the concrete ship.

Now those are the names that Blackbeards Cruises has for the sites. I don't know if anyone else uses those names. At least the wrecks would be the same and you could look those up and find coords.

How about Dolphins ? I remember reading in the past about snorkeling/diving with wild dolphins were just about a guaranteed thing. Is this still true ?

How about Dolphins ? I remember reading in the past about snorkeling/diving with wild dolphins were just about a guaranteed thing. Is this still true ?

We did encounter pods of dolphins in the Bimini area, but by the time they got the boat stopped, they never hung around to play. Capt said that sometimes they will, just depends on whether they are feeding or not.

I pulled out my log book from Bimini and here are the names of the dive sites in the area I dove.

Turtle Rocks
Bimini Barge (wreck)
Bimini Road
Hawksbill
Piquette Rocks
Bimiti (Wreck)
Hesperes (wreck)
Big Greeny
Halfpipe
Sapona (wreck) - this is the concrete ship.

Now those are the names that Blackbeards Cruises has for the sites. I don't know if anyone else uses those names. At least the wrecks would be the same and you could look those up and find coords.

Thanks to you friend,for listing these great diving sites in Bimini....I was looking for such kind of post that can help me in finding great diving sites in Bimini and finally i got your post....

Mike Henrie.
---------------
For villa info click villa calpe | villa moraira.

We dove with Big Game Resorts (Guy Harvey's re-opened the resort after being closed for more than a few years) and can give them a thumbs up. My VISA issues got resolved, my camera and housing came in, and we got to dive after told the boat crew was on vacation (Bill & Nowdla Keefe's) and our backup boat (Big Game) plan was too late to happen - the captain was gone. Well Captain Bill was found and we got two trips in Friday afternoon and Saturday morning, being the only two people on the boat. We dove the Sapona (dealing with some local fisherman during the dive), Turtle Rocks, and a place called the Strip and another no name reef - nothing over 50'. Things just fell into place

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom