Bike Tube Straps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah like Justin said the mtn bike tires can essentially go on almost any regular rim with little modification, however there are tubeless specific rims where the spokes thread into the rim perse' and the inside where the tire is is smooth with no holes (except for the valvestem hole). On the bmx rims the little kids were using the glue on type like on your road bike. With technology they are rarely seen unless on the 18" wheels (yes 18" diam). Nemrod sounds like a pretty decent bike.

I went to walmart today and they had no innertubes that were 2 inches wide, they were all 1 3/4 or 3, 4 inches wide. There is no bike shop in town either. Hoosier, were did you get yours from?

cldSCUBA:
I went to walmart today and they had no innertubes that were 2 inches wide, they were all 1 3/4 or 3, 4 inches wide. There is no bike shop in town either. Hoosier, were did you get yours from?

Like I said, I got mine from the local bike shops. There are three bike shops in town... Yeah, we have a lot of bikers here... So, I used to stop by the shop to grab the obsolete one whenever I need. I have to pick the right time before they throw away into a garbage can....

I used mountain bike tubes. They seemed way too small at first but I stretched them over night to loosen them up just a bit. Worked great.

1 3/4 is what DSS sends with there hog rig. Going back to walmart today. Thanks everyone.

Put them on this morning. PERFECT.

i use the dive rite sholder strap cut into 1/2 pieces for the inflator i use a rubber snorkle holder wrapped around the left d ring and then ziped tied works well

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom