Bike help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DON'T spray WD-40 on any part of your bike-it's not a good lubricant. Use White Lightning lubricant. It's a paraffin based lubricant that won't attract dirt.

Last time I looked at the Gray's Anatomy text the male anatomy had a lot more going on closer to the saddle than the female. My wife tried to use the same excuse why she couldn't ride a regular saddle at first-and she's a physician. I told her to adjust her seat down-she did-and the pain disappeared. Proper adjustment is so crucial, not saddle material.

My bike saddle is has hard as concrete and yet I ride with no pain for hours. If I adjust the saddle up just a couple of millimeters I become numb in the privates. Adjust down and my knees hurt. I have set my saddle, marked the seatpost where it should be and FORGET ABOUT IT.

I admit it! White Lightening is definitely the best thing for a chain.

But! You're still wrong about the saddle. After 25 years of serious riding, and experience on both kinds, I know the difference, and I'm a pro at setting saddle height adjustments. (and fore aft position) The combination of the right kind of pad in your bike shorts and the right saddle makes all the difference in the world. You're wife, being a physician, would certainly know that a woman's pelvic bones are different than a man's, and everything about women's saddles is NOT hype.

Now, let's make nice and play well together; what d'ya say?
Watergal's gonna get real confused :egrin:

There, I've thrown the gauntlet down... :froggy:

~SubMariner~

Art, Neil, Buff:

I don't know enough to have any opinion
but I will tell you I am very happy with my saddle!

I tried 5 in the store (I told you they were patient) 2 of which I hated, one which I couldn't stay on and ended up with one that the salesperson said was made for women. It is made by Sport, slightly wider than the one that came with the bike, no slit in the middle and a bit squishy, but I don't think it is "gel" like the "comfort bikes". . I rode around the parking lot a few times, she did something with an Allen key and sent me home and the only issue I have had is catching the strectchy bike shorts on th epointy part. Not a single sore.

Now it you would just fix those %&^*# pedals for me and make the days longer again. Or get the boss to let me off at 4!....:)

My White Lightning is Boshield T-9. Will that do? It doesn't seem to be good for brakes tho....

Watergal lives confused. Not your doing. Thanks all

Why do I need $100 shoes?

first of all try em.
The flex in other shoes wastes energy, energy that helps you go forward. I would let you borrow minewith pedals.

ps Why would a gal question 100$ shoes? What not enough colors, just need to match black?

Watergal,
5 minutes of practicing getting in and out of clipless pedals are all it will take to convince you. Practice by putting your bike in a trainer or just leaning against a wall.
Slide your foot foreward, pick up the pedal, weight down, click in! To get out, rotate your heel outwards. Have fun.

Neil

Back
Top Bottom