Big thumbs up for Extended Horizons (Maui)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco II

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ended up doing two dive trips with them, and they were fantastic. I couldn't say enough good things about the crew. On my first trip with them, we went to 1st Cathedrals. I casually mentioned to the DI, Victoria, how I really enjoy 1st C, but that it was funny because I always seem to end up there, and had yet to go to 2nd Cathedrals. On my second trip with XH two days later and a different crew, the DI Maren came to me and told me how Victoria had mentioned the whole Cathedrals things to her, and that they were going to try and go to 2nd Cathedrals that day so that I could dive it finally. We did, and it was great (though I think I prefer 1st :) ). And Captain Loren is maybe one of the nicest boat captains I've interacted with. And the diving was fantastic, the DI's were great in pointing things out, and they basically let you dive following your own computer and tank. Dive didn't end when first person in group got low on air.

Prior to my trip I had started a thread here mentioning that my experience booking the trip with them was just so so, that the person on the phone was not overly friendly. Well, I am so glad I still booked with them. In fact, I had originally only booked one trip with them, then added the second trip since the first one was so good.

Victoria is a great DM. We had the pleasure of diving with her back in 05. She finds the little stuff and still gets excited when she finds the endemic and rare species.

She hasn't changed! I now know the hand signal for endemic :) I was really blown away by the enthusiasm and friendliness of all of them. I had done another trip with a different dive op, and was really turned off by them. I in fact canceled a second trip with that op to do the second trip with XH, that is how much I enjoyed diving with XH.

I totally agree!! FYI Victoria is also now Captain as well as DM. Extended Horizons has it all ... comfortable boat, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, safety conscious crew ... great pre and post dive briefings. Oh and yummy bagels and peanut butter during SI!!!
My favorite dive op when staying in the Kaanapali area.

Just wondering. . .are Maron ( sp?) Scotty and Chris still with EH?? Just wondering. Had a wonderful time w/ them in 2007, and will be back in Feb. Thanks, Maggi

I gotta say that I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking that there really aren't ANY *bad* ops on Maui, nor is there any that are truely the *best*. Instead its simply a matter of finding the ones that meet your needs and diving style, causing those ops to be the *best* for YOU...which could change as your diving needs change.

Just wondering. . .are Maron ( sp?) Scotty and Chris still with EH?? Just wondering. Had a wonderful time w/ them in 2007, and will be back in Feb. Thanks, Maggi

I was told in Sept that Chris goes out with the boat on Thurs.
Merin was there everyday I dove with them.

Back
Top Bottom