Big Sur 6-Day Liveaboard out of Monterey.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sac City Scuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
We have chartered the MV Vision for a very rare downhill run from Monterey to Morro Bay May 10-15. $1999. Should be awesome.
Contact dive@saccityscuba.com or call (916) 772-DIVE

Capture1a.jpg

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

I recall going with Truth Aquatics, years ago, out of Morro Bay, headed north, along the Big Sur Coast.

Beautiful ten to fifteen meter visibility for three days -- what an old friend once referred to as "high voltage diving," along one of the most spectacular coastlines in the world -- though it's really a bit of a crap shoot, in terms of visibility, for 2K. Ours was considerably less, even adjusting for inflation and the interminable covidiocy.

A fellow diver on that very trip repeated it, that following year, and described it as a "long weekend slog; heavy swells; rampant seasickness; and diving by Braille" . . .

I was on one of those bad trips out of Morro Bay. Ten feet swell, no sleep, thick fog, and less than five feet vis, less than two feet on the first dive. I'll never gamble again.

It has the possibility of being spectacular and also of being the longest 5 days of your life but far a lot less $ I can go for 10 days diving in curaçao with warm water.

When we made it back to the dock, my buddy and I agreed that it would have been a much nicer trip if we had stayed in Morro Bay and dived the T-Pier for five days.

Tell us how you really feel :)

Sounds like it wasn't as much the dive conditions as the boat being exposed to the open ocean? Was there ever a sheltered spot?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom