Big Scubapro Jet fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OBXDIVEGUY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Woohoo! I got Jets for Christmas! Problem is, they're huge, which is unique for me since I'm a pretty big guy. I wear size 14, so XXL seemed like the logical choice. I don't have a drysuit, so I don't have the corresponding big boots, but, are there wet boots that anyone could recommend to help fill these fin pockets up? Or, should I just exchange the fins for the next size down?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

I think there is a large jump between XL and XXL. I have XL and they are very snug with size 10 hardsoled neoprene boots. I've heard that the XXL's are monstrous. I think turtle fins are in between and a lot of people use those. Do a search. I know this question comes up pretty regularly.

The only difference between the XL and XXL is the size of the foot pocket (not the blade). Mostly, they were made because people using rock boots (a shoe covering for drysuit boots) could not fit into the XL size. There got to be such a demand that ScubaPro took the fins and made a much, much larger foot pocket that would fit rock boots.

I would try going down to the XL to see if that works for you before trying to get boots to fit.

I own both and the XL are too small for a wet suit boot much larger than a 10W and the XXL are too large for just about everything.

I now own a pair of OMS Slipstream fins in XL - which is a Jet Fin copy sized nicely between the XL and XXL Scubapro Jet Fins.

Just to be clear, are the XL Slipstreams indeed sized inbetween the Jet XL and XXL?

I was under the impression that the Slipstream XL was very similart to the Jet XL, and it was the Slipstream XXL that was between the Jet XL and XXL.

Does anyone know how the Super-sized Aqualung Rocket 2 fits into this comparison?

Bob

Oops, sorry yes you want the XXL SLipstream as it is the one sized between the Xl and XXL SP fins.

Ok, I'm going for the Turtles. I'm told the XXXL blade is the same size as the Jets and the foot pocket should be a bit larger than a Jet's XL. Which means a 14 wet boot should work right? This is way more complicated than it should be.

Try SP molded sole boots. They take up quite a bit of space. My shoe size is 7 1/2 and I use XL jets and there is no slack.

I ware hard soled dive boots when I am using my Jets. These type boots are made by many companies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom