Big fish!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hellooo Muck Diver's!!!
spear season is now open on the twin lake's of Bullshole and Norfork. and from my stand point its good fishing! a buddy of mine goes out every evening after work and has either brought up a forty up to eighty pounds of cat fish!
w-eye and blue cats are up in the shalows and man is the hunting good.
by the damn is the best but watch out for the core rangers in this area, that is if your just going to walk in.
Jordan Marina is hosting a spear hunt this weekend as well.
so lets get out their an fish!! :D

I was at Norfork (Jordan Marina) this past Monday and seen some nice walleye and crappie brought in. Spearfishing sounds like fun and I hope to try it in the near future. The vis was about 20' and surface temp about 78 degrees. There is a thermocline at about 20' and below that, the vis was a little better and about 70 degrees.

Piffle were did you go around JM? you can fish by boat or a walk in at the campground bluff and their is always good fishing their and you find lots of things that have been lost while people jump from the top of the bluff! indian island is also a good hunting spot aswell. and if your ever in the area an want to meet up just give me a shout enjoy!

I dove around the dam and white bluff (archways). I have dove that wall on the other side of Indian Island and there were a lot of fish there. I've been diving out of my Nitro bass boat that I bought new a couple of years ago, but since I started diving, I hav'nt done much bass fishing out of it. I am planning on getting back done there sometime in July and plan on trying spearfishing. I'll be sure and let you know as I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to spearfishing.

that would be great, and it sounds like you know the area. when I started diving it was out of a bass boat do you have someone that goes with you to help haul your gear out of thewater or do you use a line? I dive from a pontoon boat now and when I'm down at JM my brother has his big PT on one of the bouys.

My wifes' cousin usually dives with me, but for past the few trips, he has been busy with his kids sports. My wife has gone with me instead but she just stays up top in the boat. I'm also ready to trade in on a pontoon boat. We really like this lake and the Mountain Home area in general.

yes Mt Home is a great area I dive with a co-worker and a buddy that lives in the area as well. if I could ever talk my wife into it I'd like to move. Scuba-Do is also a great shop lots of good ppl. Norfork Scuba is another story Dave used to run a top notch shop but now he's kind of hokey, but he is a great guy to stop an chat with from time to time. and here of late I'v been diving around the bridge's lots of good fish and odd finds!

I've been to Scuba-Doo dive shop, last Sunday for the first time in fact. I was in Mountain Home killing time and decided to check out the shop. It was 2 hours after the place closed when I pulled into their parking lot. I began to pull back out after noticing the store hours when the owner Jim Traver came out the door and waved me in. He was getting ready for spearfishing the next day and stood at the counter for an hour telling me the how, when, and where of the sport. Really nice guy with a lot of good info.

If anyone is ever interested in showing a newbie some good spots and some pointers, I will gladly buy lunch, gas, whatever. I have a bunch of gear, but no buddies. JBL NW special 38 and all gear, on scuba or free. Just let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom