Bifocals for mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2Bobbyo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I use readers everyday. I can read the numbers on my Wisdom 4 dive computer but can't read the text. Thinking about buying the bifocal inserts for the inside of my mask. Has anyone had any experience with these inserts? Open for suggestions or comments. Thanks!

Bifocals or readers? If readers, I would have them professionally installed. The off-the-shelf inserts are notoriously unreliable. They are difficult to install properly.

I have never seen bifocal inserts.

I wear bifocals on land, but due to the cost of my preferred lens specs, I had Prescription Dive Masks add single-vision lenses for my near-vision Rx.

This splits the difference between important stuff (reading my computer, writing wet notes, working with line) that I need to see in detail and still getting good resolution at distance.

PDM's workmanship is excellent and the quality-of-life improvements are worth the money.

I tried the stick on style for bifocals and really dislike them. Followed the directions and they always fogged up.

I bought a sea and see prescription mask and couldn’t be happier with it

I use the cheap plastic stick in magnifiers, the stick on with water type, usually when testing a new mask for fit and sealing, if it passes then I glue in the trident glass lens with silicone RTV for a permanent modification.

I also needed bifocal lens added, so I could read my computer. I first bought the DGX bifocal goggle which is decent goggle at a great price. The bifocal diopter I ultimately needed was not offered in the DGX google, so I had to look elsewhere. I then found the TUSA CEOS google which sells with additional lens with bifocal lenses glued to them with the diopter I wanted. Actually I only put the bifocal lens in my left eye, which I’ve been very happy with.

FYI: When I bought my TUSA google at my local dive shop they had several bifocal lens and offered to swap out lens until I got my desired diopter strength.

I also needed bifocal lens added, so I could read my computer. I first bought the DGX bifocal goggle which is decent goggle at a great price. The bifocal diopter I ultimately needed was not offered in the DGX google, so I had to look elsewhere. I then found the TUSA CEOS google which sells with additional lens with bifocal lenses glued to them with the diopter I wanted. Actually I only put the bifocal lens in my left eye, which I’ve been very happy with.

FYI: When I bought my TUSA google at my local dive shop they had several bifocal lens and offered to swap out lens until I got my desired diopter strength.

You sure that these are BIFOCAL lenses? I've never seen bifocal drop ins. Or bifocal standard lenses either. I'm amazed.

You sure that these are BIFOCAL lenses? I've never seen bifocal drop ins. Or bifocal standard lenses either. I'm amazed.
Maybe my terminology was incorrect. Both the DGX & TUSA masks start with standard/normal zero correction lenses and then glue in corrective glass insert(s) at the bottom of the lens just like bifocal reading glasses.

Back
Top Bottom