Bifocals for mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe my terminology was incorrect. Both the DGX & TUSA masks start with standard/normal zero correction lenses and then glue in corrective glass insert(s) at the bottom of the lens just like bifocal reading glasses.

Those are readers, correct. Bifocals have a distance and a reading component-much more complex (and expensive) to implement-only done by opticians.

I'm a HUGE fan of Sea Vision. No bonded lenses or extra add-ins. They make new lenses to your prescription and replace the glass in your mask. I've started diving with bonded lenses and find Sea Visions's are much clearer and don't result in edges in the interior so they're easier to clean.

You can choose one of their skirts or send them your own two lens mask. I've sent them a few Tusa Ceos over the years (my eyes shift every 18 months or so) and I've always been happy with the turnaround time and cost.

The other difference is they calibrate the prescription and bifocal part for underwater use. They won't work above water but underwater your vision is perfect.

If you don't need the prescription for distance they also have 2x gauge readers with no upper lens correction. Still straight replacement lens so there's no bonding.

SeaVisionUSA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom