Bicep to Elbow exhaust vent move

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kalani,

I saw that with Tevis' Whites, and thought it was particular to them, however after reading several posts here, it appears to be as evad states...some kind of "innovation".

I've noticed there are basically 2 places a vent is located on a drysuit. The upper arm, and the cuff. I had a thought that maybe there was some kind of logic to this...that you don't want the vent anywhere else along the arm. Thinking about it now, I wonder if putting it on the top of the elbow might reduce mobility in that arm at all. This is why I wanted some response in here before I made that move.

sigh

I just wanted to follow up with my post above as I've had something of a resolution on this issue.

I ended up having DUI move the vent closer towards the zipper, which placed it a bit further down the arm, but not at the elbow. They didn't have much room to work with, so the move was not so dramatic. They also replaced the vent for me free of charge (thank you DUI!), as they felt it should have vented anyway without me having to press on it.

On my second dive after the suit was returned, Tevis (Archangel here on the board) gave me a tip for correcting the positioning of the vent:

Twist your arm in towards your body, while twisting the arm of the suit in the opposite direction, THEN put your hand through the seal. That should bring the vent out to a much better position (thanks Tevis!).

For those reading this who have not yet bought a drysuit, be forewarned! Don't buy a drysuit with the vent in this place. This typically happens with back zip drysuits.

Russell

It doesn't hinder mobility at all. My special production TLS was made with the dump just above the elbow. Much lower than the standard position. It works very well in this position. If DUI can't do it. Mark at Superior certainly can assuming no seams interfere.

undrwater:
Kalani,

I saw that with Tevis' Whites, and thought it was particular to them, however after reading several posts here, it appears to be as evad states...some kind of "innovation".

I've noticed there are basically 2 places a vent is located on a drysuit. The upper arm, and the cuff. I had a thought that maybe there was some kind of logic to this...that you don't want the vent anywhere else along the arm. Thinking about it now, I wonder if putting it on the top of the elbow might reduce mobility in that arm at all. This is why I wanted some response in here before I made that move.

sigh

Back
Top Bottom